Fiero 2.8 on an engine dyno

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Fiero 2.8 on an engine dyno

Post by 2.8 »

Anybody ever done it? The stock Fiero harness is fairly self contained. The only thing I can think of that you'd need that's not in the engine harness is the VSS to gauge cluster to ECM wiring.

Anything obvious I'm forgetting? I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams yet.

I need to do some ECM tuning and I'm working out a comparison between this, the road dyno, and the chassis dyno. Ease, time, cost, etc.

I'm currently economically limited to the stock ECM, or at least a GM ECM, which means I'll be burning chips.

Doug Chase

Re: Fiero 2.8 on an engine dyno

Post by Doug Chase »

2.8 wrote:The stock Fiero harness is fairly self contained. The only thing I can think of that you'd need that's not in the engine harness is the VSS to gauge cluster to ECM wiring.
Does the VSS even matter? The engine won't have a transmission attached if it's bolted to an engine dyno.

I wonder if the computer will care if this is missing? I'll have to go back through the stuff I have but I think some of the logic controlling decel fuel cutoff is wheel speed related. I don't know if DFCO is something you care about or not.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA