MX5 MIATA

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Blue Shift

Re: MX5 MIATA

Post by Blue Shift »

You'll have to pull a knife on yourself for being a fag.
TheFieroBoy

Post by TheFieroBoy »

If you sell the truck, then what will you drive after you fuck up the Miata?
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

lowlux wrote:i am thinking about selling the fiero and getting a 1994 - 1996 miata... sell the truck and get a turbo...
Man how your standards have fallen. You used to post about getting a BMW or Mercedes or Porsche.

Now, a Mazda Miata?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Yeah, man. Get a RX8 Miata MX5 edition...
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Proof positive that crack does not smoke itself. The RX8 is one of the ugliest (and slowest) cars evaaaaaaar, in stark contrast to the RX7.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

lowlux wrote:still faster then a stock fiero gt and still faster then a fiero with a v8........... :good:

My Northstar fiero would have smoked an RX8. They are 235hp... My Fiero made 315. Not hard to figure out which one is faster.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

So wtf do you want?

A Mazda Miata or an RX8? Totally different cars.

Fuck em both and get an RX7.
TheFieroBoy

Post by TheFieroBoy »

Yeah, just throw in a couple extra rotors... like Lego blocks, right? :crazy:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

lowlux wrote:
crzyone wrote:
lowlux wrote:still faster then a stock fiero gt and still faster then a fiero with a v8........... :good:

My Northstar fiero would have smoked an RX8. They are 235hp... My Fiero made 315. Not hard to figure out which one is faster.
at least he can put a turbo in his... and not blow shit up....

stick in 4 rotors... thats 700HP without a turbo.... maybe more... p.s... its 235hp all way to 9K RPM....... you still have to rev your shity v8 high..

the 20b is a 3 or 4 rotor.... the 12b is just 2 rotors with a turbo... and still kicks the 600hp v8s ass...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjzLaVvhjU

You don't have to explain to me... I know more about imports than you EVER will. I also know that you can't install an altenator in a fiero, let alone a (3 ROTOR) 20b into an RX8. A 4 rotor is called a 26b, 2 13bs together...

My GTR makes 600hp at 20 pounds of boost. The motor is reliable to 1000hp. What do you drive again? I'm not a dreamer, I HAVE a fucking fast car.

DIAF.
TheFieroBoy

Post by TheFieroBoy »

Hey Lowlux, what does toe-jam taste like?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

lowlux wrote:then what the fuck you doing on a fiero forum? anyone with an import would not waste there time of a big hunk shit like a fiero.....

i bet you stuck a label on your fiero GT and called a GTR.... i smell bullshit.

You better check out the SKYLINE forum on this site before calling BS faggot.

I sold my fiero last year.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Aren't there only a handful of four-rotors in the world? Good fucking luck with that, lowlux.
<Insert Sig Here>
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

They only put it in the 787B iirc.
CincinnatiFiero

Wikipedia
The most prominent 4-rotor engine from Mazda was used exclusively for various Mazda-built GT cars (including the 767 and 787B) in replacement of the older 13J. In 1991 this engine in a 787B became the first from outside the U.S. or Western Europe and the first (and so far only) car with anything other than a reciprocating engine to win the 24 hours of Le Mans race outright. It displaced 2622 cc and developed 700 hp (522 kW) at 9000 rpm. The engine design originates as a single 13B with: an additional rotor and housing added at each end, continually variable geometry intakes, and an additional (third) spark plug per rotor. The R26B's rotor housing can be purchased at retail from Mazdaspeed, but no internal parts are available to the general public
As far as I know there are like 10 767s and 787s ever made total, so I dunno why they sell rotor housing. Unless you can use 13B internals to build one.
CincinnatiFiero

lowlux wrote:i asked how to build a 4 rotor on a forum... first post and got told to go fuck myself or crawl under a rock and die.. :good:
Trolling global now?
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

I only know of one 4-rotor car that wasn't a Le Mans car. An Australian guy living here in Southern California just finished building it a month or two ago and was going to campaign it in a race series, though I forget now which one. Haven't heard anything about it since. 3-Rotor engines are more common and several factory and private teams run them. All the Grand Am Series RX-8s run 3-rotor engines.
<Insert Sig Here>
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

How bout a reality check? Lowlux you were unable to instal an alternator, what in gods name makes you think you could assemble a high performance engine. The tolerances and consistancy required to sucessfully build a race moter obviously put you out of your depth.

As much as I hate to say it, you need something in a 2 cycle. Honestly man, your the right caliber for simple.
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I was about to post info on a 4 rotor, but then I remembered this is a Lowlux thread...

The part you actually *need* to build a 4 rotor is the 2 piece eccentric shaft. The rest of the engine can be assembled from production components. Mazda probably just had a lot of the race rotor housings cast and is selling off stock. However, the race rotor housing is *probably* peripheral port and *probably* can be used to build a peripheral port 2 or 3 rotor, so it's not limited to the 4 rotor.
TheFieroBoy

Post by TheFieroBoy »

lowlux wrote:people do it.... but you got to know what the fuck you are doing.....
That rules you out.