Costa Rica??

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

whipped

Costa Rica??

Post by whipped »

Anyone ever been? Any do's/dont's I should concern myself about?

I found out that airfare from orlando to whatever airport is there (san jose?) is only $230 roundtrip. Even cheaper than Cancun! Or hell - the chicago trip I'm going on next week!
My fiero is aliiiive!!
Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: Costa Rica??

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I've never been, but know a few people that have (in fact, I think a friend of mine just flew there today). I've heard it awesome. It's on my list of future destinations for sure. Plus if you can fly there for that cheap, might as well.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Costa Rica??

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I went about 5 years ago. Had a blast. I wasn't in the resort areas though. I was in a little town near puntarenas on the west coast. More off the beaten path. If you are going to resort towns(Jaco) then you won't need much spanish. If going into the wilderness, take some spanish before you go. Or go with someone who knows fluent spanish and can translate. If you buy like some sort of vacation package you won't have much to worry about.

Watch out for the ticos. They will steal your shit if you take your eye off of it for a second. To them, you are a rich bastard. I had two pairs of sandals stolen while I was there right out of my room while I was sleeping in it. Wiley ass fuckers. Where I was at, they aren't too down with the physical violence but mostly petty theft shit. Doesn't mean you can't end up in a bad part of town though. They do love to set stuff on fire too.

San jose is the main airport you fly into. its the capital and then its pretty much a 2 hour drive or so to get to the gulf side or to the pacific side. FYI the roads suck and are pretty much all two lane. Very hilly too, and the rentals are cheap shitty torqueless wonders for going up the mountains. I thought I was going to die a couple times trying to pass.

Countryside is beautifull and so are the women. Some beaches though and the small towns are just shitty. garbage everywhere. Its like NYC but with crappy sidewalks and streets. Oh and no cars. A lot of the locals dont' own automobiles. AT least where I was. You walked everywhere!!
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312