FIERO for a Bike cycle...

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

slowpoke

Re: FIERO for a Bike cycle...

Post by slowpoke »

Man I guess it depends on what you want, I can't tell what brand that bike is but if it is the higher end type of bike then it is definitely worth some money. If I am not mistaken, it has hydraulic disc brakes(no bullshit) and I believe only a few of the top models come with those. Is it a carbon frame bike? How many speeds? Also, a lot of these bikes are fitted like a suit. So if you and the seller are built much differently it may be uncomfortable for you to ride. However if you could find someone to help you fix your car it should be worth more than the bike. And for ten miles a day I wouldn't think you would need a $3000 bike.
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: FIERO for a Bike cycle...

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Buy a book on bike maintenance and tune up the bike you have. When I was riding my bike to work in Philly, a coworker bought a Walmart special. He said it sucked and was hard, wouldn't shift right, etc. We bought a new seat for it at a bike shop and spent about an hour and a half tuning it up after which he said he could ride it forever. He said that riding the bike was actually quicker than taking the bus.

IOW, just be smart with what you have. The nice bike without a tuneup won't be any better to ride than a shitty bike without a tuneup.