FIERO LAND SPEED

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: FIERO LAND SPEED

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I've had mine to 150ish with a stock Northstar... plenty left. I did not run out of road; I ran out of testicular fortitude. The front end of a stock bodied car is VERY light at that speed.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Mine would only do 88 then I'd black out and end up in some dude's barn...
TheFieroBoy

Post by TheFieroBoy »

I thought PontiakGothGurl86 was the only one who blacked out and woke up in people's barns. :P
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I did 0 in my 3800 this afternoon. No idea how fast that is.

Dude, bringing up old shit isn't cool, he is donating himself and his time to the better good by being a State Trooper, or something like that.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

You need to get one of those JATO solid fuel rocket booster units that they use to get heavy military cargo planes off the ground. Strap it securely to your car, and give it a go! :-D
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

TheFieroBoy wrote: PontiakGothGurl86

We can all tell you got an A for creativity in school. :roll:

Goth? When did I ever come off as a goth?

And girl? Well almost every girl in chester county knows that im all man so no worries there. (Try again buddy every blind squirl runs into a nut every once and a while.)
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

pontiackid86 wrote:
TheFieroBoy wrote: PontiakGothGurl86

We can all tell you got an A for creativity in school. :roll:

Goth? When did I ever come off as a goth?

And girl? Well almost every girl in chester county knows that im all man so no worries there. (Try again buddy every blind squirl runs into a nut every once and a while.)
You are a dousche, and a conceided, retarded one that possibly has given out more false information to the Fiero community than Shaun has talked smack about V8Archie, and that IS saying something! If you never posted on this forum again, I don't think anyone would miss you.

And the hookers in Chester county are NOT the only women that live in that county.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
CincinnatiFiero

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I've had mine to 150ish with a stock Northstar... plenty left. I did not run out of road; I ran out of testicular fortitude. The front end of a stock bodied car is VERY light at that speed.
I am a missing the front spoiler on my formula and at 90 it feels loose on a very windy day, since the speedo only goes to 85 I dunno how fast I've had it, I would guess 120-130, I had my 88GT topped out (so what 127, or so I've read) and it felt a lot more stable than the formula but still very light.

Have we discussed good ways to get the nose down? Does venting the hood make a significant difference?
BC2002SS

Post by BC2002SS »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Does venting the hood make a significant difference?
Yes it does make a significant difference.
2002 Camaro SS
1986 Fiero GT 3800SC 4T65E-HD
slp 1.8 rockers, slp headers, northstar throttle body, Z06 MAF,3.3" pulley,160 drilled stat,
12" Corvette brakes
1.81 60' 13.004 @102
new best 1.939 60' 12.909 @ 104.50
CincinnatiFiero

Now to find a friend who is good at glassing.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Cars that go for land speed records usually have weight added to them to give extra stability. If I was ever tempted to make a fast run in a fiero I think I would weigh the nose down some. A chin spoiler and a vented hood would help with front end lift quite a bit.

Cars with short wheelbases are not good platforms for high speed.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I have topped out at 100MPh too in my Quad 4 car, because of the front end geting very wandery. I also have the formula bumpers, and with the front spoiler missing, my bumper has more clearance under it than the underbody of the car.
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

I have had my car up to the 140s while tuning on 3 occasions in the same day. The car handles alot better than I thought it would and felt solid. We did a 4rth run but at around 130 the right headlight door came up, the front end started dipping side/side and the car came very unstable. This was done with a vented hood on also.
CincinnatiFiero

I'm missing the lower formula spoiler and I am chasing down some wobble in my front end. I picked up a spare hood to vent, so I'll try to make that a winter project.