I has a bike

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

I has a bike

Post by Aaron »

I actually picked this up a few weeks ago, but here's my 2003 SV1000S. It's basically a stepped up sport-touring bike. The SV650 is an intro to sportbikes, this is an intro to superbikes. The 1000cc V-twin is based off the old TL1000 motor. It's fuel injected, and makes 130hp, good enough for mid 10s. It's a lot of fun, and I love the motor. It's got a lot of valvetrain noise, but every one I've ridden did, do I think it's normal. The brakes are GSX-R style, and they are superb. The handling isn't as great, but it's extremely forgiving, which is a plus!

I know my gear doesn't match, I'll buy a new set when I feel like it...

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Indy

Re: I has a bike

Post by Indy »

If you're planning on cutting a mid-10 on a stock SV1000s you better be practicing your launch/shifts/everything else. I doubt it'll get you there, especially at your altitude if you're still around 5000ft. You could probably lower it and get there, just gotta deal with the compromised handling every day that you're not at the track :no:

You'll definitely be able to suprise the Gixxer/Yammie riders on 600's though.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

It wouldn't be anywhere near a mid 10 up here, that's sea level numbers. At sea level, I think I could get it pretty close, I've been riding bikes since I was 11, and I can ride the shit out of this bike. Plus the midrange really helps getting it off the line. It likes to pull the front tire though...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I forgot to mention the mods the bike already has, which is thicker oil in the front shocks and a lower, stiffer spring in back. It's firmer, and brings the bike into GSX-R600 handling. It also has stainless steel brake lines, which are a huge improvement in brake feel.

A while back my roommate's dogs chewed the shit out of the front fender, turn signal, and the belly pan. I pulled them all apart, took them to California, and painted them. I used a similar color, based on a Jewel Candy base coat. I had the option of a red or orange. Problem was, the orange was way too orange, and the red was too red. On the same base coat, I had the paint guy mix a custom color based on the red, since the red was a beautiful color, but with 1/3 part orange. It came out absolutely perfect, worth every dime of $400 for a quart. I used about a half quart painting it, and it's got 8 coats of clear coat. The color itself is pretty unimpressive, it takes the clear coat to really bring it out.

I also did custom gold-leaf on the graphics, using 22 karat pure gold-leaf. It's right in the middle of the clear, so it has 4 coats over it. Came out really well, crisp edges, and contrasts the color really nicely. It was easier than I thought it would be to do, and I like how it isn't absolutely perfect. Adds an image of custom, DIY to it. The paint has some imperfections, as the "booth" wasn't completely setup yet, but it isn't bad. Needs a color sand and polish though.

Oh, I also went "Ricey" and renamed it an SV1000R. So sue me. I'll have pics in a few days.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Here are my pics, freshly washed in the sun. You can really see this color shine, I love it. I also recently did a K&N air filter, removed the intake silencer, added flush front LED turn signals (Smoked), a smoked windscreen, new tires, and I think that's it. Next mod is drilling the stock pipes to make them a bit louder.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Looking very nice brotato.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Cleeeeaaaannn