Another 3.4TDC Turbo up and running

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Emc209i

Re: Another 3.4TDC Turbo up and running

Post by Emc209i »

How exactly are you supposed to get an air filter on the inlet? Is there at least a screen over the opening? I can't tell from the photo.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

coinage wrote:WOT, not so much. It needs tuned horribly as under WOT, the AFR's go pig rich into the 9's. It is also breaking up but I am think it could be pulling timing from the open downpipe being loud as fuck and/or from the overly rich condition.
Late timing is like richening the mix, advanced timing is like leaning the mix.
Turbo tuning generally pulls advance out, but pulling too much is worse, because pour-in bottles of octane booster can't fix that.
coinage

Post by coinage »

No filter but I do have a metal screen over it for some protection. The crossover is a WCF piece and probably isn't supppose to have that big of a compressor housing in that spot, :pardon:

When I said it might be pulling timing, I meant the knock sensor might going nuts from the loudness of this thing, but I don't data to back it up at this time without any logs... so it was just a thought to look into when I get there.