would you want these on your car?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Atilla the Fun

would you want these on your car?

Post by Atilla the Fun »

http://www.bcracing-na.com/bcproduct.html then select the ER Series. I'm thinking they're a good idea for the rear.
cactus bastard

Re: would you want these on your car?

Post by cactus bastard »

Why those ones?
Do you roadrace or something?
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Cactus, I'm not sure if you saw it, but my ultimate goal for my Fiero is to equal a Ferrari Enzo. Without any electronics controlling anything other than the engine and the emissions control devices. So that means no computer controlled shocks. I like what I've read about these shocks, and I know having an attached reservoir is a proven thing, from Baja to THE 'ring, but I've never seen a pic or a word about reservoir shocks on a Fiero.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Those are pretty cheap for external reservoir shocks.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

The price seems fair, the quality seems good. So, are you advising me to find some that cost more? I'm inclined to give these a try.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

No, if the quality is good, that seems like a good deal.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The Enzo is what it is *because* of its electronic gizmos. Why shortcut yourself? Find some Carrera magnetorheological shocks and controller to dial in whatever damping curve you want.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I never claimed to think these would be my final selection for my goal, and even so, I may fail to equal the Enzo, but there's nothing wrong with setting a plausible goal, aiming high, et cetera. In any case, the focus of this thread was not to discuss my ultimate goal or how best to get closest to reaching it, it was seeking input on shocks that noone else has put on a Fiero. I called them yesterday afternoon, and rather than giving me a chart with compressed and extended lengths for each application they have part numbers for, they insist I give them my measurements and let them come up with something. Not my preferred way of doing it, but in this case it's not a deal-breaker. Besides, if I don't like these, I can always call the Fiero store and run the same junk as every other Fiero owner.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

You're not going to get a direct fit on anything that high end. They like to figure out what they can give you.

Since you're looking for *real* dampers, check out: http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/KONI ... atalog.pdf Page 7 model 2817
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Atilla the Fun wrote: I can always call the Fiero store and run the same junk as every other Fiero owner.
Don't forget your Old Europe discount!

KYBs and Konis are WAY cheaper from anyone but the fierostore. I paid $190 for my KYBs on the 'bay.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Thanks for the link, Will. Lowlux, stop trying to hijack threads and go back to Old Europe where you belong.