A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Atilla the Fun

Boycott UPS

Post by Atilla the Fun »

And send them an e-mail promising to never use then again because of this:
Driver Fired -- Didn't Deliver Pot

UPS worker says he was fired for not delivering pot

Sometimes a boss' orders can be a little too by-the-book, as a UPS driver who was fired for not delivering a package of marijuana found out this summer.

Former United Parcel Service driver Steven Mojica is suing the delivery company after he claims he was fired for not delivering a suspicious package that turned out to be marijuana, according to a Detroit Newsstory.

Mojica claims that a supervisor told him "he should have delivered the package, even if it contained illicit drugs."

Mojica, 41, had a next-day package from Arizona on July 29 to deliver in Pontiac, Mich. He held on to the four-pound package, which his supervisors considered theft and reported it to the DEA for suspected drug dealing, and fired him, according to his attorney, Mark Porter.

"It's nice to know UPS can guarantee delivery to drug dealers and fire employees that refuse to deliver their drugs," Porter told the Detroit News.

A UPS driver for 17 years, Mojica was worried he was in harm's way so he returned the package to his truck, according to the suit.

After being told by a supervisor to deliver it, even if it was illegal drugs, Mojica opened it and found what he thought was marijuana.

UPS had no comment to the Detroit News on the firing or lawsuit, but said that drivers can contact their local operations office if they are suspicious of the contents of packages they're delivering.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Boycott UPS

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Technically it isn't up to him to decide whats illegal, and technically without a warrant or similar its illegal for him to open it, and taking it technically is stealing. Technically.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:and technically without a warrant or similar its illegal for him to open it, and taking it technically is stealing. Technically.
Incorrect, UPS is not a Government Agency.
lowlux wrote:that's what you get for working for 17 fucking years and still driving a fucking truck!! RETARD!

why don't this fat pot smoking retard start his own delivery company?? how did he know there was pot in it? smell? now i know if i ever wanted to ship drugs i can use UPS.

i would never do a low end job for 17 years working for a boss or some dumb fucks.
Being a driver for UPS is a very prestigious, and well-paid, position in that company, a very fruitful company to work for might I add. Employees get moved to driver by seniority, and it takes a long time. My Uncle worked 8 years for UPS and still didn't make Driver. Working for UPS is NOT a low end job. Not that you have any credentials to judge what is, and is not, a low end job. Have you ever had a job?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Agreed, driving for UPS pays very well, but not well enough to start your own delivery company.
CincinnatiFiero

Aaron wrote:
CincinnatiFiero wrote:and technically without a warrant or similar its illegal for him to open it, and taking it technically is stealing. Technically.
Incorrect, UPS is not a Government Agency.
It is still private property isn't it? He didn't pay for the weed, or for the shipping. What was in it, wasn't his. So I suppose you wouldn't need a warrant, but they frown upon people taking the law into their own hands.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

put yourselves in the driver's shoes, when this all started: he's approaching the address, it's a bad neighborhood, and he's a little afraid of becoming a victim. Is a delivery more important than a person's safety?
CincinnatiFiero

I was playing devils advocate, yeah I wouldn't knowingly deliver weed.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Don't know how things are where he lives, but around here, the UPS workers union is as strong as they come according to friends who used to work for them. One woman has been fired 7 times and every time the union got her job back. Normally, I'd say that makes the union too strong, but in this case, I'd say stick it to UPS. The drug problem in this country is bad enough without them willfully enabling it.
<Insert Sig Here>
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I seriously wonder what kind of shit has been delivered in the history of UPS, unknowingly or otherwise.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Fastback86 wrote:Normally, I'd say that makes the union too strong,
Uh oh... you just expressed an anti-labor sentiment. Despite months of absence, EBSB52 will materialize momentarily and berate you for being a commie repugnican. :crazy:

%) :P
CincinnatiFiero

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Uh oh... you just expressed an anti-labor sentiment. Despite months of absence, EBSB52 will materialize momentarily and berate you for being a commie repugnican. :crazy:

Meh, the forum could use some spicing up, I haven't seen the "DISPLAY POST" icon in a while.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:

Oh noes!!1! Not teh EBS!!1eleven1!
<Insert Sig Here>