CincinnatiFiero

Re: New Whip...M powerrrrr

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Looks awesome!

:good:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

how long would you say those intake runners are before the throttle bodies?
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
coinage

Post by coinage »

2" Probably.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Outside the head.
coinage

Post by coinage »

Between start of the intake port and TB, off the top of my head, 1-1.5", it's not much.

The ports look awesome on this engine BTW, Looked CNC ported and knife edged from the factory.

Wish I would have got a picture. The ports were so clean, it looked like it just came from the machine shop!
86GT 4sp
94 LQ1, 60-1 Garrett BB Turbo-A/W IC-ARP main studs,head studs,rod bolts-QM twin disk clutch/button flywheel-Ported heads/intakes-50lb/hr injectors-Fully balanced-88 cradle swap-Held adjustable solid rear links-12" brakes-Chase Cage-
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

How's it running?

I'm planning to buy an E46 M3 later this year...
coinage

Post by coinage »

Running great! I have done another round of mods... Supersprint V1 stepped headers, clutchmasters twin disc clutch setup, new shifter, subframe reinforcement, solid diff bushings and solid subframe bushings... power is probably in the 500whp neighborhood. Had a dyno done before the headers at 460whp on a mustang dyno that typically reads 10-15% lower than the dynojets.

Actually buying my 3rd e46 m3 next week, comes with a blown up motor, supercharged and BBS LM's. gonna part the mods out, toss a motor in it and sell the car off... keeping the old block and crank for my black car and the built motor will be built at a snails pace...

Planning on doing 10.5 or 9.5 CR with e85 and possibly retain the meth...built up head with cams. target goal for power will be north of 650whp, which should keep it half dependable... I would like to build it so it could handle 1000ish whp.

If you have any questions about them, let me know.
86GT 4sp
94 LQ1, 60-1 Garrett BB Turbo-A/W IC-ARP main studs,head studs,rod bolts-QM twin disk clutch/button flywheel-Ported heads/intakes-50lb/hr injectors-Fully balanced-88 cradle swap-Held adjustable solid rear links-12" brakes-Chase Cage-
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

For making power, the S54 is quite an engine. It can push 340 RWHP with bolt on mods. From 3.2 litres. Naturally aspirated.
coinage

Post by coinage »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:For making power, the S54 is quite an engine. It can push 340 RWHP with bolt on mods. From 3.2 litres. Naturally aspirated.
That's where they hit a wall power wise NA... I have seen a few race motors close to 400whp NA... Average bolt on mods will get you to around 315ish, headers, intake, tune. Air box will get another 10 or so, cams are good for 10-15
86GT 4sp
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

It's not LS3 power, but I think it's damned impressive.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:It's not LS3 power, but I think it's damned impressive.
It's all relative. You're talking about a naturally aspired inline 6.

The S62 was LS2 power in 1998. And the S85 was LS3 power in 2005.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

S85 is LS7 power... And a darned impressive engine in its own right. The S62 packs a lot of tech, but doesn't have the ability to survive radically increased power output the way the S54, S85 and S65 do. The S62's have to be sleeved before they'll do great things.

It's no secret that BMW's been ahead of the curve for a long time.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

coinage wrote:Running great! I have done another round of mods... Supersprint V1 stepped headers, clutchmasters twin disc clutch setup, new shifter, subframe reinforcement, solid diff bushings and solid subframe bushings... power is probably in the 500whp neighborhood. Had a dyno done before the headers at 460whp on a mustang dyno that typically reads 10-15% lower than the dynojets.

Actually buying my 3rd e46 m3 next week, comes with a blown up motor, supercharged and BBS LM's. gonna part the mods out, toss a motor in it and sell the car off... keeping the old block and crank for my black car and the built motor will be built at a snails pace...

Planning on doing 10.5 or 9.5 CR with e85 and possibly retain the meth...built up head with cams. target goal for power will be north of 650whp, which should keep it half dependable... I would like to build it so it could handle 1000ish whp.

If you have any questions about them, let me know.
Thanks for the update! Sounds pretty awesome. Iron blocks love boost.

Have you been tracking the car?

Not sure if you saw my "build" thread but I'm planning to put an LS2/LS6/LS3/whatever in an E46 M3. I thought about buying one with a blown motor, but I think it would take too long to develop the car that way and I'd have to uselessly occupy a garage spot with it. So instead I plan to drive it with the S54 for a year or two while I reverse-engineer the CAN bus and develop a DME simulator. I also plan to compete in NASA TT and autocross while developing the chassis. Once the V8 is in, I may cage the car and use it for more serious track duty.

BTW, did you get your Fiero sold? My LQ1 car is going up for sale after I finish the ZR1 power steering and remount the motor (not enough power steering pulley clearance).. if my car wasn't recertified for California smog, I'd probably just part it out, but the smog stuff is tricky to do and makes it more marketable.