Gauges in an F250

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

Gauges in an F250

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Having a gauge issue, only the speedo worked, the coolant gauge read high, not over heating, but considering it has a dual core radiator (was single core) and a new waterpump, it should be running cool. The amperage didn't work, the fuel gauge didn't work, and the oil pressure didn't work. I found a blown fuse in the panel so I replaced it. Now the amperage gauge and speedo work, but the coolant pegged out, the fuel pegged out, and the oil pressure reads well below 0. Its got fresh 20w50 in it, and runs well, its making oil pressure, I put 8 gallons of gas in it, so its got gas.

Anyone know anything about ford gauges? I'm inclined to replace the cluster, but I don't want to go to the junkyard again just yet. Also, it is a digital speedo cluster, is the mileage retained in the PCM? I don't want to TMU my truck.

It is a 1996 F250 5.8L.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Gauges in an F250

Any thoughts? I want to go to the junkyard this weekend, so I want to know if I should buy a cluster.

My belt is all screwed up and so is the idler, so perhaps that was why I was running warm.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Maybe this is a chance to do a custom dash, with Mustang gauges?
CincinnatiFiero

Its my tow truck, am not really going to modify it, I just want working gauges. Its got a dual exhaust and a twin core radiator, that's probably the extent of my mods, maybe I'll do an electric fan instead of the belt driven unit.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Oh. Sorry I don't know anything helpful.