What should I do with my car next?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

V8Archie

Re: What should I do with my car next?

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Nice seats, but I still think for the money I would rather go with some nicely bolstered race style seats...

And I'm not going to be chopping this car. I'm 6'3" with a bad back. Slouching is not an option.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
V8Archie

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
fieroguru

Post by fieroguru »

Early to mid 90's Corvette seats are leather and you sit down in them vs. on top of them. Even when they are slick, you are not going anywhere. Plus they can be picked up fairly inexpensive and there are several options for redoing them as well. The removable seat cushions also come in handy with seat installation.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

While I like leather, I couldn't imagine this already extremely hot cabin having leather seats as well. Those seats do look nice though guru! Supportive as well!

Also, I might be the only one, but I honestly like the looks of a solid roof on a Fiero better than any other ones. T-tops are sweet, and nice to have, but their expensive and kind of a pain. I HATE my sunroof on the car. It rattles, whistles, leaks, creaks, and fits like shit. I have replaced the gasket, tried adjusting the latch (SEVERAL TIMES), tried shimming, and everything else to no avail. When I repaint my car that roof section is getting replaced with a hardtop, end of story.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Interesting. I haven't had that problem with my factory sunroof car, but my Formula has an aftermarket sunroof that has all of those problems.

The factory sunroof isn't quite as tight as it should be, though and shrieks like a banshee at 150...
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

fieromadman wrote:Dude, I keep forgetting that shit. So what kind of a deal can he get me? 8) I wouldn't mind going with him because he is so familar with Haltechs. The guy that would be doing the tuning from King would be able to figure it out with no problems but there is always that learning curve.
I have Drill the 19th and 20th, Ill ask him what it would cost you. From what I remember it wasn't that bad. Ill see if it would be any cheaper if I were to show up with you...
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Ok sounds good Dave, Thank you!
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I'm an asshole, sorry to reply so late, completely forgot. I did talk to the guy, his name is Joe Donovan BTW. He said if the baseline tune is already drivable and pretty close, he can get it done for under 150. If I can recall correctly its 100 for dynometer use plus 50 and hour, they have get it re-calibrated frequently apparently, hence the higher cost. He said if I came in with my car done he would be able to work out something (being my squad leader and all), but I'm not sure what that means for you.
car.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Thats ok it took so long. My car is all nestled away for winter anyhow, so I'm not worried about getting it done soon. $150 would be fantastic. The car is really close to perfect on the air/fuel curve. The ignition is a different story though. Off boost is good, great, dandy, but on boost is safe and thats about it. For the most safe power to be had it would take some time to get it right. I think it would be about 2 hours.