What should I do with my car next?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

fieromadman

What should I do with my car next?

Post by fieromadman »

I think I'm finally to a point where not too much needs to be done in the engine bay or suspension wise to my car to make me happy. There is a list of stuff that I need/would like to do with those things but were ignoring those things for now because I already know I'm going to be doing them.

Here are some pics of how the car sits currently:

Things on my possibilities list would include:

Re-painting the car a solid color, I want to go with the 2000 Civic Electron Blue Pearl REALLY BAD.

I NEED to do something with my headlights, Bi-xenon HID's with a custom non-pop-up enclosure would be number 1 on my list for that.

I need to add a hood vent and I would like to add some sort of a chin spoiler, probably a ski-time style one.

I need another brake upgrade, I've been eyeing up fieroaddiction.com's 12" vette brake upgrade using the stock 88 calipers. The real upsides to using those is I can use an ebrake easily and the parts are cheap.

I would like some new rims, but that could get pricey.

I would also like to fully cage my car and put in a lexan rear window. This would add to chassis stiffness as well as add safety to my car.

If you think my ideas suck, give me some new ones. Or just give me more ideas period. And cost is an issue, I'm not super rich.
Last edited by fieromadman on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
pontiackid86

Re: What should I do with my car next?

Post by pontiackid86 »

Thats a sharp lookin car you have there. I like your choice of blue for your future plans with the car. Another blue you might like is an electric blue that came on the toyota tacoma models. It has a little bit of a mettalic flake to it. I would just do what you feel needs to be done to the car. Everyone is going to tell you what would be best to do first but in the end its all what you and your wallet wants.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Fiero addiction is out of business.

I'd go with some Mr. Mikes seat covers. You've got nice factory seats, but think some nice updated looking leather seat covers would be a nice addition.

I like your paint, it is different.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Personally, I'm partial to the "Glove box full of 12 second slips" mod.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Fiero addiction is out of business huh? Well that sucks big time. Does anybody have plan for the brackets that I would need to use the 12" vette rotors with the 88 calipers? I could make them, I just don't feel like doing the R&D for something that has already been done.

I refuse to get Mr. Mikes seat covers, even though I REALLY like how they look for two facts. Leather seats in a car that has no A/C is a terrible idea, and leather is much less supportive because it is much more slippery, and in a car I intend on at the very least driving spiritedly that also seems like a terrible idea.

I like the paint that is on my car too but it really wasn't prepped the best (I did the prep work) and it's starting to show it's age. I'm looking to go with something less showy and attention grabbing now too. Realistically I just need a new paintjob, so I'm gonna go for it.

Will, 12's is all you're giving me huh? But that mod is coming next summer, hopefully with 11's though.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
CincinnatiFiero

fieromadman wrote:Fiero addiction is out of business huh? Well that sucks big time. Does anybody have plan for the brackets that I would need to use the 12" vette rotors with the 88 calipers? I could make them, I just don't feel like doing the R&D for something that has already been done.

I have the bracket drawing on my desktop, I'll upload it later.

True story on the leather seats, in my stock 88 I can corner hard enough to get my ass to crawl up the door, with more hp and better suspension I could probably leave the window on a hard corner haha. Maybe some Corbeaus?

11s are a tall order with a 5speed. Just read jinxmutts thread.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:
fieromadman wrote:Fiero addiction is out of business huh? Well that sucks big time. Does anybody have plan for the brackets that I would need to use the 12" vette rotors with the 88 calipers? I could make them, I just don't feel like doing the R&D for something that has already been done.

I have the bracket drawing on my desktop, I'll upload it later.

True story on the leather seats, in my stock 88 I can corner hard enough to get my ass to crawl up the door, with more hp and better suspension I could probably leave the window on a hard corner haha. Maybe some Corbeaus?

11s are a tall order with a 5speed. Just read jinxmutts thread.
I have never taken my fiero through sharp corners at high speed but i have never had this problem with iggys seat covers. There not to bad in the summer either.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Yeah agreed on the leather seats. I would like to go with a racing style seat at some point. Really i am very comfortable in the stock seats though, so thats not going to be a priority for me.

And I know 11's with a manual is not easy, but i think I can get there. If not with this exact setup, I'll tweek it until I do.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

a professional tune is something I haven't seen mentioned yet. At least some WOT. If not on a dyno, some good street tuning by someone very familiar with haltechs and someone who can give pointers on what you can do for overall driveability.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I've had that in the back of my head for a while now. I know a guy locally that works for King Motorsports Unlimited as one of their main tuners (or perhaps their main tuner) and fabricators who has done some work for me in the past. He might be willing to tune the car if I just let him take it for like a week. I would have to pay him and pay for some dyno time at King, but it would probably be a spot on tune, and since they are pioneers with Hondas and Honda setups, I KNOW they have the knowledge of how to tune for the most reliable power.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

Another idea as far as seats go. You could get leather seats out of a 93+ T/A. They will fit very niceley I beleave and also have ajustable points on the seats that hold you in place during sharp turns and such.
CincinnatiFiero

New steering wheel?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

What I'm about to type, I'm being totally sincere, NO sarcasm or anything. (1) I'd like to buy your old paint job from you, so if you can figure out how to peel off the blue and silver graphics and ship them to me, I'd like my Fiero to be blue with silver. I realize it's not possible, but that's how much I like it. (2) I'd like to see you use 1/2" wider wheels on the rear, with tires 1 size wider. I think you could do this without them actually protruding past the bodywork, as it's shown in the pics above.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

For seats, I dont want to do the T/A seats because I have seen them before in a Fiero and they just dont seem to be at home in one. They are nice, but if your going to be making a change with that, you may as well go aftermarket with some nice ones.

New steering wheel would be nice, mine is dirty and starting to fall apart. I dont know which way to go with that though, I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking into them, but I haven't found one that I really like yet. A recovered GT style one would be ok, but I also wouldnt mind going a little smaller in diameter. Perhaps I could build a custom one? hmmm... 8)

Atilla, thanks for the complements on the car. I like the paint too but like I said it's getting beat up, the car has even gotten in 2 small accidents since I got that paint job (both of them were while the car was parked, and one is why that trim is off the car in the rear quarter of the pic). I already have read your mind on the tire and width issue. For now I'm going with some spacers in the rear and 245 tires instead of 235 that are on it now. Both are already purchased, and should give the car a more aggressive look. At some point I would like to have new rims, but their pricey and I'm not going to be going with cheap ones if I buy another set.

I like the ideas, so far I have:

Racing style seats
Rim spacers/wider tires
New/custom steering wheel
Professional tune
Glove box full of good 1/4 mile times
Another Brake upgrade (CincinnatiFiero, those drawings would be great!)
Hood vent
Fiero1Fans headlight bucket upgrades
Civic SI paint
Skitime syle front lip
Cage (eventually)

Now, this won't be happening real quickly, but its nice to have ideas out there. I've kinda felt like "Where do I go with this now?" for a while.

Keep them comming!
CincinnatiFiero

I dunno where I found this, but it is for C4 rotors on an 88. I've had it on my computer for a while now.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

So these are for use on an 88 fiero, or for 88 calipers and vette rotors on a 84-87? Either way I could write a CNC mill program for these, would anyone be interested in buying these if I ran a bunch? With an blueprint I could make brake brackets any any brackets like this on a CNC if people are interested...
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

If your interested, My squad leader in the Army is the dyno tuner at CS Motorsports in Lannon, He's told me that he is intimately familiar with Haltech tuning. The shop specializes in and sponsors road race Porsches and German cars.
http://www.csmotorsports.net/index.html
car.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Dude, I keep forgetting that shit. So what kind of a deal can he get me? 8) I wouldn't mind going with him because he is so familar with Haltechs. The guy that would be doing the tuning from King would be able to figure it out with no problems but there is always that learning curve.
CincinnatiFiero

fieromadman wrote:So these are for use on an 88 fiero, or for 88 calipers and vette rotors on a 84-87? Either way I could write a CNC mill program for these, would anyone be interested in buying these if I ran a bunch? With an blueprint I could make brake brackets any any brackets like this on a CNC if people are interested...
My understanding was C4 rotors on an 88. As the two bolts for the hub are the same distance for the two bolts for the caliper, it has to be 88 to 88, if it were 87 hubs and 88 calipers, the adapter to hub bolts would be further apart than the caliper to adapter bolts. I consider buying some if you don't think they are worth like $1,500 just for the brackets like people on .nl do when they make a part someone else designed.

BTW that is NOT my design, and I have never made them, they could totally be wrong.
Cheeze

Post by Cheeze »

First off, nice build. I'm a fan of clean attention to detail and doing things properly and this car looks the part. Anyways if you are still in decision about seats, Mr. Mikes has cloth seat kits now. Not sure when the last time you checked him out was. Seems you can ask for some custom combos too if you are concerned about having something that has already been done. They look good and at $366 a pair are cheaper than alot of other options. I'll be getting some to put on when the car comes out next spring. Anyways, just a thought.

http://mrmikes.com/fierohome.htm