Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Post by Series8217 »

I bought a Hella TC-400 with my new tires (BF Goodrich G-force T/A KDW). Going to get these installed on my Raze R74 rims sometime this week (hopefully before the next storm comes through).

Anyone else using one of these? Have any recommendations on antenna position, etc? Tire shops in Los Angeles that won't fuck up my rims, and wont look at the pressure sensors the wrong way?

Going to try to do a clean install, but I don't really see any good place to actually integrate it into the dash, so it'll have to be clean as in hidden.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Post by Series8217 »

This thing rules.

I had to file the sending units a bit to get them to clear my hoops. Wasn't a big deal.

I hid the receiver unit on the side of the center tunnel, where the cruise control module goes on the earlier Fieros that didn't have ECM-controlled cruise. I'm running the antenna along the tunnel, tucked under the center console parts. It's picking up the signal very well.

I put the display on the instrument pod above the tach, since there is no instrumentation in that corner. I don't think I'm going to leave it there permanently, because I'd prefer a more integrated solution. I still have to think of a way to integrate it better into the dash..

The system monitors both pressure and temperature for all four tires, has selectable background color, and changes background color to indicate alarm conditions. It also has an audible alarm.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Let's see some pics!
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

That's a cool little system. (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=51)

Did you get a chance to weigh the sensors? I'd be curious to hear what they weigh.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

According to Hella the sensors weigh 35 grams.

Here are the full specs: http://www.hella.com/hella-com-en/asset ... PMS_en.pdf