Good news!

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Atilla the Fun

Good news!

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I've found myself another Fiero. A black '86 2.5L with a stick. So maybe now I can do it both ways: Fit the '86 with the SBC and a 282, and the '84 with the LSx and the F40-MT2, on an '88 cradle.
Where my white '84 is a 42,000 mile cherry, this black '86 has 156,000 miles and may need some attention to the front suspension.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Good news!

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Don't detour
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

No detour. No conflict on investing my time. Just on investing my money. Now I can do one while waiting on parts for the other, and vice versa. I can have it both ways. I woulda gotten myself a second Fiero a lot sooner had the right opportunity come along a lot sooner. But it has finally happened. You'll see both of them moving around under their own power by the end of 2010.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I drove it home okay. It doesn't even feel like there's any issue with the front suspension, but I'm going to check it anyway. The hand brake has issues, and the tach isn't working. The Isuzu grinds a little going into reverse, too.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Atilla the Fun wrote:The Isuzu grinds a little going into reverse, too.
It should. The reverse gear isn't synchronized.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Atilla the Fun wrote:The hand brake has issues
No problems there, take it out. Shit's unnecessary and weighs units of weight.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Spent yesterday going over the car. Absolutely nothing wrong with the front suspension and steering. I got the hand brake working with very little effort or time, I got the driver's seat to go all the way back, and it's ready for the safety inspection. Being as it's a manual, I need the handbrake for when I want to open or close the garage door without turning the engine off.
Still haven't fixed the tach, but I did give the headliner some thumbtacks where the cloth has sagged away from the foam. Come spring I'll redo it with spray adhesive.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Series8217 wrote:
Atilla the Fun wrote:The Isuzu grinds a little going into reverse, too.
It should. The reverse gear isn't synchronized.
Thank you for the info.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

The tach magically fixed itself, all I did was a fairly hard launch from a red light (turned green).
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

If you're following this, please go read my latest post in my thread : Stolen! in Other cars. Thank you.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Monday, backing into the garage with the door ajar, I broke the window :-( Yesterday, I put 235/60R15 tires on the rear :-)
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Oh $hit! Driving home it died, about 200 yards from home. I kicked the clutch in record time, and coasted into my driveway. I popped the rear, looks fine. Alt belt is on. ngine doesn't seem to be too hot. Gauge reads fine, no steam, no fluids leaking from the Fiero. Checked the oil, 1/2 pint low, I topped it off. I checked the gas, 3/4 tank. Let it cool for an hour, try to start it. It fires then dies. I try it again. it cranks and cranks, but doesn't catch. So now I'm waiting for dad to get here, so I can watch the fuel injector while I have him crank it.
Too hot outside to do much else anyway. It's 77 degrees. This just isn't my day. Can't all of planet earth just stay a steady 67 degrees F, every second of eternity? With a 6 mph breeze?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Because the earth is round.
Don't go to Baghdad.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Can you hear the fuel pump run for a couple seconds when you turn on the ignition?
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

+1 Sounds like exactly the same story as when my '85 died on the highway.