NE1 kno XZotik GT? I need his help again.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Atilla the Fun

NE1 kno XZotik GT? I need his help again.

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I've sent him a PM, a week later still no reply. I looked at the aluminum cradle bushings from WCF and from Rodney Dickman, and the ones from XZotik are far superior. If you know his real life name or contact info, I'd love to find out if I can get one more set. Well, really just the front pair, as before. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.
cactus bastard

Re: NE1 kno XZotik GT? I need his help again.

Post by cactus bastard »

Just curious, what is far superior about his bushings? I would have expected them all to have the same dimensions?
Sorry I can't actually help you...
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Well cactus, as it turns out, that is a good question. The thing is that the WCF versions require you to remove not just the rubber bushings, but also the shells. This is inferior. It may be a proven design, but If it was my only option, I'd have to find a local shop to turn them down to fit in the shells. Plus they are stepped where they shouldn't be, rather than tapered. They'd be impossible to properly re-drill without first welding them up a bit, then having them turned. They're the most expensive, and they won't sell me just the front pair.
The rodney Dickman versions seem better from his pics, but unlike XZotik's, Rodney's are 2-piece. This is also inferior, plus would make the re-drilling more difficult. The price is much better, and it's looking like I'll be ordering a set.
But it's obvious to me that XZotix thinks more along similar lines as me, or vice versa. And the ones he made were a very tight fit, and extremely precisely machined. I should and would have bought more had I had funds, and known he'd disappear, and known I'd need another set.
KurtAKX

Post by KurtAKX »

What's so bad about Rodney's? They don't require re-drilling.

Two piece isn't bad, in fact it means that you can get a tight fit at BOTH ends of the original sleeve, as opposed to just one end with a tapered one-piece.

The other nice thing about Rodney's is that the long half of the two piece start out at a smaller diameter and steps its way up, so its easier to get get it started in the side of the shell that doesn't have the flared opening.
lucky

Post by lucky »

You try his email?
mcaanda@gmail.com
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

KurtAKX wrote:What's so bad about Rodney's? They don't require re-drilling.

Two peice isn't bad, in fact it means that you can get a tight fit at BOTH ends of the original sleeve, as opposed to just one end with a tapered one-peice.

The other nice thing about Rodney's is that the long half of the two peice start out at a smaller diameter and steps its way up, so its easier to get get it started in the side of the shell that doesn't have the flared opening.
Kurt, I gotta say you're on my shit list lately for that BS you've been stressing me with, for no good reason, in that Ford thread by my good friend Blue Shift. So, since you seem to hate me, I can understand if you missed the discussion some months ago when we all discussed drilling the front cradle bushings to improve anti-squat. Ergo, all aluminum cradle bushings need re-drilled, and all non-aluminum bushings need replaced in all '84-'87 Fiero cradles. Because I proved the idea successful. Xzotik's bushings weren't tapered along the length that goes inside the steel sleeve that housed the rubber. You can see pics in my 5.3 build thread in non-tech. There's a small 3/16" chamfer on the ends.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

lucky wrote:You try his email?
mcaanda@gmail.com
I wasn't aware of it. Thank you.