Jeep SRT8 mods

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: Jeep SRT8 mods

Post by Aaron »

I decided I'd leave the acceleration part of the Jeep alone for a while. I got my tax return, and started looking at A long tube, equal length stainless headers. Problem is, they are a BITCH to install, you either need to drop the engine, or pull the heads off. Well, if I'm going to pull the heads, why not get a set of widely available ported heads? If I'm going to get heads/headers, why not cam it up? If I'm going to get heads/cam/headers, why not get a stroker? And then, I can enjoy buying new transfer cases and transmissions. So I'm going to leave that alone. It's PLENTY fast for an SUV, and is brutal off the line. And it sounds fantastic.

So I am going to work on fixing some other parts of it. I added a full set of interior LED lights, love them. I just ordered some front turn signal LED switchbacks. Basically, when my running lights are on, the LED tower is white, and basically serves as another headlight. When you put the turn signal on, the white goes out, the tower turns orange, then flashes. When it's done, goes back to white. Plus it is significantly brighter than the stock lamps. I'm hoping it serves as another good source of forward lighting. I also ordered HID replacement bulbs for the foglights and high beams, so now it has full HID lighting. Still stock 4300k color, should match nearly perfect, and increase light output by about double. They aren't projectors, so light output won't be as evenly distributed as the headlights, but the headlights will still be on, so those will take care of the peripherals.

This car already lights up the heavens, I'm almost afraid to see how much light its going to throw off now. I'll have pics up soon.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

Aaron wrote:This car already lights up the heavens, I'm almost afraid to see how much light its going to throw off now.
You sir, are an asshole.
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Why? None of it is illegal or above the stock level of the HIDs. The output isn't what bothers oncoming traffic, it's the height of the cutoff.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

But they blind the driver of the Fiero you'll end up behind.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Luckily I've got one of the few that still runs and drives.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Took the Jeep to the track, ran a 14.231 at 96.33 with a 2.081 60'. Not bad at all. C6 6-speed ran a 14.0 beside me, modded SRT4 ran a 14.7, Pontiac G8 GT 15.4, and a Cayanne Turbo ran a 15.7 (LOL).
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Wow, altitude FTL. But props to taking it to the track! You seem to be running on par with the cars I would expect you to run with.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I should be at ppir the fourth of July weekend. You should bring it up and let me check it out. :)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

What event? Will they grow some balls and let a Jeep on the track yet?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

LOL. It's a NASA event. I'm not really sure why the no SUV thing. Maybe it's just not allowed for new people for hyperdrives because I know somebody used to take an srt-10 ram out.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Maybe they'll allow this, considering its not really like an SUV in the traditional thought, more like a Subaru Legacy now lol.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Is it because they are afraid of it rolling over? How does it do with quick transitions?
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Have you tried to autocross it? They ran an F150 and an MDX at speed at the last autox events here, might be worth a try. These are club autocrosses (mercedes and miata) not SCCA.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I plan to one of these days, just haven't gotten around to it. But it should do really well.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Well, I'll be at PPIR on Saturday and Sunday.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Aaron wrote:Took the Jeep to the track, ran a 14.231 at 96.33 with a 2.081 60'. Not bad at all. C6 6-speed ran a 14.0 beside me, modded SRT4 ran a 14.7, Pontiac G8 GT 15.4, and a Cayanne Turbo ran a 15.7 (LOL).
What elevation were you at? And what was the temperature? A C6 6-speed is a solid high-12s car at sea level in decent air, assuming any driver skill.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Atilla the Fun wrote:
retard wrote:Took the Jeep to the track, ran a 14.231 at 96.33 with a 2.081 60'. Not bad at all. C6 6-speed ran a 14.0 beside me, modded SRT4 ran a 14.7, Pontiac G8 GT 15.4, and a Cayanne Turbo ran a 15.7 (LOL).
What elevation were you at? And what was the temperature? A C6 6-speed is a solid high-12s car at sea level in decent air, assuming any driver skill.
I thought a C5 ZO6 could crack 11.9's with a top shelf driver mod... Isn't a C6 just as fast with the LS2 and even faster with the LS3?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Probably, but I specified any driver, not a top shelf driver. Sorry if my wording caused you to misunderstand me.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Atilla the Fun wrote:What elevation were you at? And what was the temperature? A C6 6-speed is a solid high-12s car at sea level in decent air, assuming any driver skill.
About a mile high, and about 75*. The C6 is a solid high 12 car, but so is the Jeep with the mods I've got, in fact most are mid 12s with intake/tune/exhaust. I'm sure the Vette whooped my trap speed though. I'm sure the guy wasn't the best driver in the world either. But neither am I (And it's really hard to drive this thing, you have to, like, floor it).
The Dark Side of Will wrote:I thought a C5 ZO6 could crack 11.9's with a top shelf driver mod... Isn't a C6 just as fast with the LS2 and even faster with the LS3?
The C5 Z06 is quicker than both the LS2 and LS3 Vettes, probably the weight difference, albeit minor.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

I've seriously been thinking about getting one of these lately. I'm actually pretty set on doing so. I'm looking for probably an '06-'08 black at a dealer. Only way will be if they not only have a good price on it, but also will give me good trade in on my F-450. Then I would sell my Blazer private party as well. That said, if you see any for sale down there, let me know. Might have you to a quick check of it for me if you would before I'd drive down. I missed out on one in Denver yesterday I was really interested in. Test drove one in Fort Collins yesterday but it has a lot of wear and tear. I like how it drives though.