Jeep SRT8 mods

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Jeep SRT8 mods

Post by Aaron »

I decided to embark on the ram-air project, and looking at the LS1, its intake by eyeball looked like it'd be a good starting point. I picked up the intake setup for an LS1, including a K&N filter and a SLP lid, for $70 and went at it last night. I had to destroy some of the Jeep parts to get it to work, but work it does. I haven't built a box around it to make it true ram air yet, so for now it is just really effective cold air.

It turned out really nice, and I saw a big improvement in power. The EVIC's 0-60 showed a .2 second gain (Grain of salt). It really hurts my insides to take the grinding wheel and hacksaw to the brand new parts on my $46,000 Jeep. My heart burned, and I kept thinking, "What if it doesn't work, I'll be fucked!"

Total cost was $70, and about 6 hours of working on and off. Not bad considering the cheapest CAI sits at like $250, and they go up from there. You can also see the Billet catch can I put on. To finalize it, I got a Diablo Predator and a custom tune on the way, should put me well into the 12s. Lastly, I picked up a LED interior kit, which replaces all 12 interior lights with LEDs. They are MUCH brighter than stock, and the HID-like glow matches the headlights perfect. I really like it!

Had to find a coupler:

Just the lid:

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Re: Jeep SRT8 mods

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Just hope your insurance agent doesn't know about RFT.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I don't get it, so what? I added an intake to my car, that doesn't affect him at all. If insurance agents were worried about clients modifying their cars, half of this nations men would not be insurable. Not to mention, for fuck's sake, I did an intake/tune/exhaust. That's basic to the core.

Or is it that I admitted doing a 0-60, and being 12s in the 1/4mi. Does he expect me to never get on the highway? And what about my mid 10 second bike? Or the Camaro that does 12s stock?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

calm down. Technically, it is legal, in all 50 states, for any insurance company to refuse to pay out if the claims adjuster finds you had any unreported speed mods. Any and all speed mods must be reported to your insurance company, but don't always affect your rates.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

It's also illegal to have more persons on a bicycle than it has seats for :roll:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Finally got my Diablo Predator figured out, and I got my stock tune file sent out for the custom mapping. Should be back in a few days.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I'll be down at PPIR next month. You should bring this up and take it around the track. Would be badass. :-D

I think a one session "hyperdrive" is only like twenty bucks or something.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'd be up for it. How long is a session, and how do I go about signing up?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Aaron wrote:I'd be up for it. How long is a session, and how do I go about signing up?
Session is generally about twenty minutes. I'm not sure how to sign up for the Hyperdrive as I always just do the whole weekend, but I think you just sign up and pay there at the track. I'll check on it and the price for you. Either way, you should come up and check out the races and let me see the truck. I've always thought those Jeeps were cool but never got a chance to check one out up close. Oh yeah, you can also do ride alongs with HPDE 3 and higher. Just need $5 and a helmet.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Took the Jeep for a long drive up to the mountains.

I love it. This thing's a fucking animal. It pulls wicked hard, and sounds phenomenal doing so. It's absolutely perfect the way it is, I don't want anything more out of it. I'm convinced it could click off a mid-high 12 as it is. But just in case, I've been keeping an eye on a set of AR long tube headers. Unfortunately, no one makes equal length ones, but these are the closest. $1400 for 304 stainless with cats. Hmmm...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote: Session is generally about twenty minutes. I'm not sure how to sign up for the Hyperdrive as I always just do the whole weekend, but I think you just sign up and pay there at the track. I'll check on it and the price for you. Either way, you should come up and check out the races and let me see the truck. I've always thought those Jeeps were cool but never got a chance to check one out up close. Oh yeah, you can also do ride alongs with HPDE 3 and higher. Just need $5 and a helmet.
Were you able to find any info out?

I really want to do this, I could use 20 minutes of beating a CTS-V's ass!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Just curious.

Do they not make an air intake for the SRT-8? I mean it's an expensive truck , not a fiero , so why take a hacksaw to some other shit and put it on? I am sure the result works the same , it just looks like what it is , a hack-saw'd part that you "made fit"

usually you do nice work , this is very V8 Rchee of you.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Aaron wrote:
Unsafe At Any Speed wrote: Session is generally about twenty minutes. I'm not sure how to sign up for the Hyperdrive as I always just do the whole weekend, but I think you just sign up and pay there at the track. I'll check on it and the price for you. Either way, you should come up and check out the races and let me see the truck. I've always thought those Jeeps were cool but never got a chance to check one out up close. Oh yeah, you can also do ride alongs with HPDE 3 and higher. Just need $5 and a helmet.
Were you able to find any info out?

I really want to do this, I could use 20 minutes of beating a CTS-V's ass!
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I thought they were okay, but apparently trucks and SUVs aren't allowed to run the track. :(
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

THE PUNISHER wrote:Just curious.

Do they not make an air intake for the SRT-8? I mean it's an expensive truck , not a fiero , so why take a hacksaw to some other shit and put it on? I am sure the result works the same , it just looks like what it is , a hack-saw'd part that you "made fit"

usually you do nice work , this is very V8 Rchee of you.
Read the first sentence, of the first post. It's like magic, you'll find an answer.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

To me this is like the guys who have 911's with Fuzion tires.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

THE PUNISHER wrote:To me this is like the guys who have 911's with Fuzion tires.
Noone cares what you think, you are a 32 year old loser who can't keep a job, a girl, and a Honda that doesn't break every 3 days. Wow you got 2 degrees? Congrats it helped land you a job with a failing automaker. Way to reach for the stars.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

You too are so adorable ;)
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Time to step up your game. I just read that ST Motorsports has supposedly fitted an SRT8 Jeep with a Kenne-Bell 2.8 "Mammoth" supercharger. If you want to check up on it, the number is 909 388 2536.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Nah, I don't have ambitions of replacing transmissions and transfer cases.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

That's fine. But I didn't know it, I just knew you like acceleration, and thought I'd prove I'm your friend by sharing something I thought might interest you, and I thought you probably hadn't heard of it.