FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

alltrbo

FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Post by alltrbo »

$3500 for the '96 Talon.

$3000 for the '98 Talon with the extra 2.4

$6000 for all of it.

Cash or Paypal only (some type of instant payment, in other words). I won't mess around. If you're serious, be serious and we'll talk.

'96 Talon TSi AWD 5-speed (125k miles) w/ 97-98 style body + stock '96 side skirts, is/was an 11-second car, handles amazingly too. Lots of mods, now listed below. Paint is shot and it needs lots of TLC including a new center-differential in the built TRE 5-speed, otherwise starts and drives for the most part (with a good battery). I modded this one myself over the years with some help from a few friends. It's been a very fun car. If some of you hung around the VA Beach or Norfolk area from 2003-2005ish, you may have seen this car. I'm in College Park, MD now.

I just realized I had a near-up to date mod list. Keep in mind, the car needs TLC now, not all of this is perfect anymore. But dayum, I put a lot of time and money into this car. To say that I'll hate to see it go is a massive understatement. :(

Engine/Boost
T3/T04E 50-trim w/ AGP kit (SFP T3 tubular manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate, 2.5" O2 housing)
K&N cone
3" GM MAF sensor w/ 3.25"-2.5" reducer couplings
Ramchargers GM MAF translator
Dejon Tool 4" intake pipe w/ 4"-3" reducer coupling
Isuzu NPR medium core FMIC modified, with 2.5" short route pipes
1G BOV
1G throttlebody
Exhaust Depot 2 1/2" to 3" SS downpipe
Dynomax 3" high-flow cat (looks can be deceiving ;) )
AHP 3" catback w/resonator
3" in/out Magnaflow 'Rice Series' straight through muffler

Fuel/Ignition/Engine Management/Monitoring
'95 EPROM ECU
DSMlink V2
Apex S-AFC (now for monitoring, mostly)
Holley/Walbro 255lph fuel pump (worth $100)
FIC/Delfi 650cc ball and disk injectors
Magnecore 8.5mm spark plug wires
Autometer Sport-Comp -30 to 0 to 30 boost guage
Autometer Sport-Comp 0F to 1600F EGT guage
LoTek replacement A-pillar triple gauge pod

Drivetrain
TRE "performance" tranny + GVR4 1st and 10% taller 5th
ACT 2600 clutch
Fidanza aluminum flywheel

Engine Management
'95 EPROM ECU
DSMlink V2

Suspension/etc.
Progress 1.7" lowering springs
Tockico Illumina 5-way adjustable shocks
Ingalls camber correction kits, fully adjustable +1.25 to +3 degrees front, -1 to +1 degree rear
RMDSM sway bars, 40% stiffer front (20.6mm) 80% stiffer rear (20.6mm)
Pilot Motorsports front and rear strut tower braces

Appearance
'97 Talon front bumper, fog lights, rear bumper, door bumpers, rear spoiler/no wiper, 17" wheels (now)
GTS headlight covers (smoke)
Est. 20% tint all the way around (with windshield visor)
Tinted side markers and third brake light
Cheap black paint job, not really good anymore :/

Stereo/electronics
Panasonic DFX-700U CD player
Infinity Kappa 3-way 6x9's rear, Pioneer 3-way 6 1/2's front
MTX Thunder 70x2 watts rms (driving Kappa's)
Alarm system
HKS type-1 turbo timer w/ignition harness

'98 Talon TSi AWD 5-speed (75k miles), other than a coffee can cat-back installed by the previous owner, this one is bone stock and fully loaded w/leather, power, sunroof, etc. and is in quite nice condition (though not perfect), but has a massive rod-knock and a fragged stock turbo. It'll come with a very low mileage 2.4 (4G64) from a Galant that is almost a direct bolt-in in place of the stock 2.0. Put in some lower compression forged pistons and decent rods, it'll be ready to take 600hp.
I bought this one to replace the aging '96 and to swap all of its mods onto this one, but in short order the turbo fragged, sucked the pan nearly dry, and caused a massive rod knock. :( I then bought the low-mileage 2.4 to replace and still finish the mod-swap, but I just can't handle it all, it's been just sitting in the garage. :(

Located in College Park, MD

The '96 is in front (and the paint looks much worse in person) and the '98 is behind it. I have swapped the wheels since the pics and had to remove the tint from the '98 to get it past MD inspection ( :mad: ), but that's it. As a project with all this put together and a little bit extra, a damn nice 600hp 2G AWD Talon on the cheap is possible to have.

Please help me out, I really need it. Having to do this makes me sick to my stomach.

Last edited by alltrbo on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alltrbo

Re: FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Post by alltrbo »

I have tons of pics of the '96 in its prime, here a few of my favorites. With a professional quality prep and paint it could look this good again or better. Otherwise, you could paint it cheap, strip it out, and turn it into a sweet lightweight AWD racecar. :)

(Before the 2Gb Talon front-bumper)

(Here's where I set a T25 record: 13.1 @ 103.8 in a full weight car. I also smoked an LS1 Fierbird Formula repeatedly that day. He was running slower ET's, though faster traps. :)
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Will has driven the '96 pretty extensively. He even got a ticket for doing something like 86 in a 50 in it, haha.
He can vouch for race gas and/or E85 turning this into an *enter some awesome adjective here*.
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

$5000 for EVERYTHING today only. Tomorrow my new car is going to be sitting in the driveway, and these being gone will help me with everything.
If they're still here, quick work is going into the '96 to get it driving again with a new battery, video and pics will be taken soon, and the price will go up.
This would be a really awesome stripped-down racecar at this price with these mods, just add better brakes and a cage.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Dude, did you say you were getting a fifth gen Camaro? If so post some pics up when ya get it!
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Okay :)
Teaser...
DSCN4771smaller.JPG
DSCN4771smaller.JPG (93.94 KiB) Viewed 8746 times
It's already mine, but tomorrow they're fixing a tiny ding/scratch it got on the bumper during dealer transfer, and they're removing the white stripes for me (too "LOOK AT ME!" on a black car... no thanks). I had to pay for the stripes anyway because it was the only car anywhere near this coast that had every other option I wanted (no more private orders for the 2010's as of earlier this month). The dealership had to trade their prized Synergy Green Metallic special edition 'attention grabber' to get this car for me. They're a little upset. :D
I pick it up after work tomorrow, all perdy'd up and brand new.
It almost takes the edge off of the pain from dumping my twin-turbo IROC-Z for cheap. :(

BTW, isn't my wife adorable? I like her even more than the car! :D

Now... someone buy the Talons please. I drove the '96 around the block today, still totally hauls butt even on 12 psi. :)
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Nice car, I'd rag on ya for getting the V6 but meh, it's a sweet car either way. We were close to buying a 2LT last June but decided against, seen a couple Rallye Yellow 2SS's at a dealership the other day and goddamn, they are bad assed looking cars.

They start taking orders for 2011's mid May I believe so no one is really is using allocations for 2010. Synergy green will be available across the full line for '11 anyway, the ' special edition 2010's' won't be special for long.

grats on the car!
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Thanks yeah.

It's pig heavy already, don't need the LS3. 426 bhp doesn't mean much when it's over 4000lbs wet!
This is my (manual) DD, so has enough go to keep me satisfied... because my 88 Fiero, as soon as it's finished (90% by bmwguru 10% by me), will walk all over any near-stock SS in a straight line with the throwaway TGP 3.1 shortblock, and flat-out obliterate them with my built 3200 shortblock and will also murder them in the twisties...and stop faster too. SS what? :D

Besides... STS just finalized their RMT kit for the V6... the test mule with 24" wheels (blech!) and a slushbox just made 400hp at the wheels on just 6 psi. That's much more power and lighter weight than the LS3 makes in anywhere near stock form. :D
Now just to get Christine to agree... (muhahaha)
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

jelly2m81 wrote:Dude, did you say you were getting a fifth gen Camaro? If so post some pics up when ya get it!
Here are a few. I absolutely love it so far (and much more so without the white stripes). It definitely takes the 'edge' off of dumping my TT IROC-Z for cheap. :/
This 304hp V6 Camaro roughly equals the power/weight of a Fiero with a 3.4 DOHC swap, but this engine is 1000x better. :)

It's actually a black interior, it looks much lighter with the sunset shining on it.

jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

We hijacked your FS tread..;p start a post in other cars....XD

Very nice, kinda wish I didn't already have 2 car payments.........
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

alltrbo wrote:but this engine is 1000x better. :)
That may be, but I was looking over LY7 diagrams the other day... CHRIST! The pcm low bus runs through evvvveerrrything, even the radio. What a nightmare getting everything into a Fiero would be. Nice looking Camaro though!

Ok sorry, back to for sale thread.

/hijack
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Thread jacks are cool with me, it's my thread, and that may get it more exposure anyway. :D

The LY7 is the non-DI version of the CTS/Camaro 3.6 which is the LLT. But yeah, the harnesses are similar AFAIK, and it does go through EVERYTHING. I have certain options that I can control through the radio. Lots of different gauge readings and other info are in the "driver information display", connected to the ECU. It's a very very powerful ECU. Keeping it all as is would be your best bet.

So I say take an '88 Fiero and do a Camaro or CTS swap, interior, engine, backup sensors, and all. :D Get a totaled donor car and go to town. This engine would be HANDS DOWN the best N/A engine that ever sat in the bay of a Fiero. All aluminum, lightweight, 3.6L, VVT, DOHC, direct injection optimised for 87 octane even with the 11.3:1 cr, and it redlines at 7000rpm and sounds SWEET doing it. It should make around 330 bhp as installed in a Fiero (possibly around 300 whp with the Getrag), and makes lots of torque down low as well, more than plenty even for the tall-geared 3800 lb "muscle car".
Since it moves the pig of a Camaro along this well, I can only imagine how much of a BLAST it would be in a lightweight mid-engine car.

ATTN: Will
Do this swap already! I know you've been planning it. ;)

Now, that being said... the '98 Talon does need an engine, and if someone fit a northstar into one, then some smaller V6 should have no problem... ;) RMT it, then you have a 3200 lb AWD V6 turbo pushing around 450hp, and most of all, something I've always hated about DSM's, you'd have TORQUE down low. 8)
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Bump for the mega-potential wheat and dinosuar burning ricers.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Corn
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Non running dsms nothing new to see here. :-D
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Corn
DOH :crazy: (I was tired, heh)
CincinnatiFiero wrote:Non running dsms nothing new to see here. :-D
The '96 runs. I drove it the other day, it just needs lots of work. I left it on low boost (12 psi, weak sauce), and with that it'll still smoke a 3.4 DOHC Fiero. ;)
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Bumperoo
Buy the '96 and strip it clean of everything it doesn't need to be a badarse strip and track car, and give it a cheap but fancy looking paint job. It'll be lighter than a Fiero GT and I guarantee you'll have more fun that a barrel of monkeys. (And trust me... barrels of monkeys are pretty darn fun). With a steady diet of C12 or C16 or E85 and a weight reduction plan, this car will flat-out scream around a track. You know you want to!... I do, but I don't have the space.

$3500 for this '96. It'll drive onto a trailer without an issue, and might even make it wherever you're driving if you want to make that legal. All it needs is a me-provided new battery.
That's a lot of car for $3500.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but what is ACTUALLY wrong with the 96? Mechanically that is... I know you said transfer case, right?
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

No, the center differential in the transmission. I'm pretty sure anyway, it has the exact symptoms but I haven't opened it up.
Lemme get back to you on the rest of the stuff, I have a hundred things I need to get done right now.
It's just a lot of little stuff that adds up. Right before the center diff issue, I drove the car from California to Oklahoma without a hiccup.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I've got an itch to sell the Scion and get something AWD again. I liked my DSM, and would consider another, but I have been looking for a EVO most recently. I dont want to waste your time, I dont think I would be interested in the car if I couldn't drive it back here from there...
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes