FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

alltrbo

Re: FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Post by alltrbo »

Here are snippets of a recent PM to a highly interested party in VA on another forum...
I need to get some time to come up with a list of what needs to be done to the Talon, there are lots of little things. The main thing, though, is that I'm pretty sure I blew up the center differential in the TRE trans (I had them put a stock diff back in... stupid). I don't know that for sure, but it has the symptoms. It still drives fine, it just seems like it's RWD or FWD in various situations. Some say it's fine to keep driving like that, others don't. I don't know the truth of the matter, but I've had to put ~50 miles or so on it since it broke, and nothing is worse than it was at first. I drove it around the block the other day and it still pulled laughably harder on (very) low boost (12psi) than my new daily driver 2010 V6 Camaro (312hp, but heavier). The Talon is a real rocket on 24 psi and 'good' fuel.

Another bad thing is that the paint is completely shot, it looks much much worse than the pics. Sad, really, it was SO beautiful. :(
The drivers outside door handle broke (AGAIN!). It's a few hour job to replace it.
If the stock '98 Talon wheels are left on there, they need new tires badly. If I were to swap back to the sweet looking, lighter, and wider Rota 17's with their very low mileage BFG's, I'd bump the price up by $500. That's how much the tires cost by themselves.
The A/C compressor needs replaced to have a working A/C
There's an electrical glitch that doesn't want to let the car turn over sometimes, but I think I know exactly what's wrong with it, an emergency roadside electrical repair my friend and I had to make back in 2004. I just haven't had time to get to it and fix it properly, either.
I think it'd make it to anywhere in VA, but I'd personally not take the risk and would just tow it. If you're a risky guy, I'd say you could go for it but I make NO guarantees about anything (though I can definitely offer advice over the phone)
There are more little things, but those are by far the worst of them IIRC.
...so I can completely understand you not wanting it if you couldn't drive it out there. That's a long drive. VA I could see and might even try just because it's closer to home, but way up there, not so much. If someones life depended on it I'd try it, otherwise a tow or shipment is the only guaranteed way.
Again, it's fully understandable, but if you do want to give the car its much needed TLC, it's got the go-fast parts, and there are many, many more goodies available out there, and it looks a helluva lot better than an EVO when it has new clothes on. ;)
alltrbo

Re: FS: Two Talon TSi AWD's, one of them runs 11's.

Post by alltrbo »

Both still here. I haven't been advertising much.
The '98 is likely to soon have the 2.4 in it with some random good turbo on ~8psi or so. It'll get me a few thousand more that way. Otherwise, still for sale as is.
Make me offers or something.
This money will go straight into the making of a 'real' Fiero.

I don't remember posting any of the stuff I posted earlier for some reason, but it's all true. :)