Veyron vs Gtr

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

Veyron vs Gtr

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

http://tothefloor.com/bugatti-veyron-vs ... -modified/

I would like to see both cars against a sbc fiero. LOL
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: Veyron vs Gtr

Post by crzyone »

$60k GTR + $22k AMS turbo kit = 9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3XsJFt9ac

Features

* Reliable 365 horsepower increase over stock
* OEM like fit and finish
* 2 AMS custom tunes incorporating hundreds of testing hours
* Big power gains without compromising drivability
* 9 second quarter mile achievable on race gas
* 75% gain in horsepower with no compromises in drivability or spool time!!

Kit includes

* AMS 90mm cat-less downpipes (catalytic converters available)
* AMS 90mm resonated mid-pipe (race version available)
* AMS 90mm exhaust system using stock appearing tips
* AMS upgraded ball bearing turbochargers
* AMS spec. wastegate actuators
* AMS front mount intercooler upgrade
* AMS 76mm intercooler piping (black) with HKS blow off valves
* AMS high-flow intake piping (black) with K&N air filters
* AMS spec. upgraded fuel injectors
* AMS fuel system upgrade
* Cobb AccessPORT tuning system
* AMS calibration map dialed in for your car and conditions on both pump gas and race gas

Price: $21999.95

So, buy a used GTR for cheaper, and then buy this turbo kit to lay the smack down on Veyrons.
Indy

Post by Indy »

AND the GTR has the advantage of not looking like complete dick.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Veyron needed tires after that evening.

LOL @ Russians rocking the Adidas track suit hard into the new millennium. Represent.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Exhaust side $1,000
Cold piping $1,000.
Fuel system $2,000
Turbos $5,000 / pair
Intercooler $1,000
Tuner with 2 tunes pre-loaded $2,000
Profit $10,000.

=

RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Do it yourself and save $10,000)
Squires Turbo Systems does the same thing, ther try to charge double for their patented rear turbo kits, but most people successfully do their own at half price, with a local dyno tune, and still reap the smog legal boost result from having the turbo(s) after the cat(s).
If they can't price fair, don't give them your business. They're allowed to make some profit, but not more than about $100 per customer. That's just wrong.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:http://tothefloor.com/bugatti-veyron-vs ... -modified/

I would like to see both cars against a sbc fiero. LOL
You're dumb. NO SBC Fiero comes close. FieroX might, with his boosted 3800 running 9s, but that's not doing 253 mph.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I am not dumb. V8Archie clearly stated that the fastest way to go from 0-100mph was with a v8. It must be true.

fierox would get worked by both of those cars based on his last timeslip. The veyron traps 143 in the qtr mile. Thats 11 mph faster then X did on his last posted timeslip of 132.

GTR from this vid would be a better run for his setup. Not saying X's car is slow, but the veyron is way out of his league.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I didn't say you're not intelligent, because that obviously isn't so. But just as obviously, you don't "get" drag racing at a 1/4 mile dragstrip. At the strip, we don't give a rat turd about MPH. Elapsed time is the ONLY thing that matters. A low HP lightweight car that launches can ET better than a high HP heavy car. No way any stock Veyron can break into the 9s. You'd have to lose the front shafts and diff to cut weight, put 33x21.50-15 drag slicks in the rear, and add nitrous to get the launch necessary to touch FieroX's Fiero.
Last edited by Atilla the Fun on Mon May 24, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Obviously Atilla has to raise the bar, he already gonna outperform the Enzo. Enzo's and Veyrons and GTR's and well all REAL performance cars are about so much more than just the first 1760 feet....

Is that your goal? to just enter the very basic envelope of super car territory? hell just strap a turbine to a go cart if thats your goal.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

The Enzo is not in the same league as the Veyron. I have my goal, I'm making progress toward it, I may never succeed, but I know better than to aim a Fiero at a Veyron. Apparently Shaun disagrees, let him try. I'll advise on the engine if he wants.
On top gear, they haven't given us a lap time for a properly built R34, but the Enzo lap beats the veyron's. I believe I could build my Fiero to out-lap the stock Veyron, but that doesn't make a max-effort Fiero a better car than a Veyron.
I also know better than to aim a Fiero at a built R34. I know full well the built R34 will still be capable of lower lap times than a max effort Fiero.
Aiming high and reaching high is one thing. Overreaching, well, I'll leave that to Shaun.
CincinnatiFiero

Veyrons run 10.2 stock. No-ones thrown that number out yet. Someone makes an exhaust and I believe GIAC and someone else makes a chip for it. 9s could happen. That much torque wouldn't launch for shit 2wd.

The new centenaire is supposed to make 1,300-1,400HP. 9s will happen there. The car is lighter and makes 40% more power.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Gotta wonder why Shaun is comparing, and getting us to compare and contrast, a couple of cars he doesn't have and doesn't seem to be acquiring?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Atilla the Fun wrote: At the strip, we don't give a rat turd about MPH. Elapsed time is the ONLY thing that matters. A low HP lightweight car that launches can ET better than a high HP heavy car.
Just because it can run a quicker e.t doesn't mean it is going to win. I am guessing you have never seen a car with a slower E.T win a drag race? It happens quite a bit. So what allows the car with the slower et to come around at the top end to win? MPH, thats right.

Also if you notice, this veyron and GTR are not on a dragstrip, so you can take you ET and throw it out the window because it doesn't make a lick of difference. What allows the Veyron to pull away on the top end? Oh thats right, MPH.

CincinnatiFiero

Well yeah if you want to do 180+ pulls the veyron is the only one that can do it, no other car on the road pulls to 250. It's easy to be cars in the 1/4 with enough spray and power but those skylines won't do 253mph, or 270 like the Centenaire is supposed to.

Hell FieroXs car is a second faster than an enzo in the quarter and tenth slower than a Veyron.

You can't compare the two at all. Even with enough HP a Fiero couldn't handle the speeds a veyron is capable of nor with the same reliability.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Atilla the Fun wrote:Exhaust side $1,000
Cold piping $1,000.
Fuel system $2,000
Turbos $5,000 / pair
Intercooler $1,000
Profit $10,000.

=

RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squires Turbo Systems does the same thing, ther try to charge double for their patented rear turbo kits, but most people successfully do their own at half price, with a local dyno tune, and still reap the smog legal boost result from having the turbo(s) after the cat(s).
If they can't price fair, don't give them your business. They're allowed to make some profit, but not more than about $100 per customer. That's just wrong.

Ripoff? Seriously? You think that's all that goes into a custom turbo setup that retains the proper response time and streetability? $20k for a bolt on turbo kit that will get a car into the 9s is CHEAP. If you can afford a GTR, you can afford that turbo kit.

Fiero owners are out to lunch when it comes to money and quality work.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
Atilla the Fun wrote: At the strip, we don't give a rat turd about MPH. Elapsed time is the ONLY thing that matters. A low HP lightweight car that launches can ET better than a high HP heavy car.
Just because it can run a quicker e.t doesn't mean it is going to win. I am guessing you have never seen a car with a slower E.T win a drag race? It happens quite a bit. So what allows the car with the slower et to come around at the top end to win? MPH, thats right.

Also if you notice, this veyron and GTR are not on a dragstrip, so you can take you ET and throw it out the window because it doesn't make a lick of difference. What allows the Veyron to pull away on the top end? Oh thats right, MPH.
The whole point of dedicated dragstrips is bracket racing. And MPH has never once yet won a bracket race. It's elapsed time only thast determines it. Go spend $5 for your own copy of the damn rulebook. Until then, STFU.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

crzyone wrote:
Atilla the Fun wrote:Exhaust side $1,000
Cold piping $1,000.
Fuel system $2,000
Turbos $5,000 / pair
Intercooler $1,000
Profit $10,000.

=

Ripoff? Seriously? You think that's all that goes into a custom turbo setup that retains the proper response time and streetability? $20k for a bolt on turbo kit that will get a car into the 9s is CHEAP. If you can afford a GTR, you can afford that turbo kit.

Fiero owners are out to lunch when it comes to money and quality work.
Response time is in the turbo selection and the lengths of all the tubing.
I don't need ANY turbo kit to run 9s in a full weight, street-legal, daily driver road car. I pushed my '88 IROC-Z to a 10.21 with a naturally aspirated 355. Even a baby 50-shot of nitrous would've given me 9s. Or gutting the interior.
I built the whole damn IROC, including getting the car, for less than $10,000.
Yeah, the turbo kit is a ripoff. Only someone with more money than brains would think otherwise. Someone who's never had to learn the concept of budgeting a tiny income.
For another $10,000, that IROC could've had the suspension and brakes to equal a typically-built R34, but without the disadvantage of the AWD making the nose even more heavy.
And don't say AWD is an advantage. On dry paved roads, it's not. Formula 1 tried it and abandoned it.
CincinnatiFiero

No way a 3rd gen, or any camaro for that matter would outhandle a GTR, street tire for street tire. No way in hell. Solid rear axle vs. the most advanced awd system in the world. That is where I'm going to have to disagree.

$22,000 isn't bad at all for a full turbo kit that is quality, tested, dyno'ed, handbuilt, and warrantied. Can I weld together a turbo upgrade hell yeah I can. Will it be that nice, no freaking way. Is that a ton of money yeah. But if you've got $80k and don't want to hack your car together, $22k is a good deal.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Well yeah if you want to do 180+ pulls the veyron is the only one that can do it, no other car on the road pulls to 250. It's easy to be cars in the 1/4 with enough spray and power but those skylines won't do 253mph, or 270 like the Centenaire is supposed to.

Hell FieroXs car is a second faster than an enzo in the quarter and tenth slower than a Veyron.

You can't compare the two at all. Even with enough HP a Fiero couldn't handle the speeds a veyron is capable of nor with the same reliability.
that's tellin' em! Except for the Lingenfelter / Callaway Sledgehammer, which puts the Veyron to shame, since the Sledgehammer does over 254.9 mph.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:No way a 3rd gen, or any camaro for that matter would outhandle a GTR, street tire for street tire. No way in hell. Solid rear axle vs. the most advanced awd system in the world. That is where I'm going to have to disagree.

$22,000 isn't bad at all for a full turbo kit that is quality, tested, dyno'ed, handbuilt, and warrantied. Can I weld together a turbo upgrade hell yeah I can. Will it be that nice, no freaking way. Is that a ton of money yeah. But if you've got $80k and don't want to hack your car together, $22k is a good deal.
You have the right to a wrong opinion. for $10K, i'd include the SLP swap to a C4 IRS.
But since you can't stop waffling, I'll leave you to it. I just popped in to set the facts straight, and I've done that. All y'alls arguing can't change facts, but y'all seem to enjoy arguing, I'll get back to showing my progress, which beats flawed theories every time.