Couple action shots.

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

Couple action shots.

Post by befarrer »

Went autocrossing in the wet snow yesterday, was snowing from 5PM on saturday night untill about 10AM on sunday, it accumulated on the grass and stuff, but not on the pavement, the snow turned into rain, that combination and temps just barely above freezing, we went autocrossing. I drove like ass, went off course, had a cruise control issue (somehow turned it on and freaked when the gas kept on), then spun, then spun again, so my best time included a 180 degree spin. The car was a complete handfull, randomly having the back end break out, ending up in the 180's, I could easily control it on the slalom bits, just the long sweeping corners, I would get about 1/2 way around it, then the back end broke loose and I could not correct it. I did correct a spin once, but I was at full opposite lock, then it suddenly got grip and took off the wrong way, could not return steering wheel back, and ran over 5 cones in a row lol.

Here are pics from the day, I am the black notchback with the chrome wheels, the fastback Fiero is Tim with a 4.9L, pictures were taken by Grant C from mrheavyfoot.com (Edmonton Solo Assn forum.):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grant_suba ... 045688725/

I am on page 2, Tim is on page 5.

I like this pic:
Slippery
This one is neat too, show you how slippery it is, probably in 2nd gear here:
Slippery
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Couple action shots.

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

any video from the camera on the car?
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
befarrer

Re: Couple action shots.

Post by befarrer »

Me, 86 Coupe, 2.3L Quad IV, 5-Speed Getrac

Tim, 86 Coupe (converted to fastback), 4.9L, 5-Speed Isuzu

Tim has only Auto Crossed on average 1 race a year for 3 years or so. I try to participate in every event.

Both of these are our 4th runs, the runs with the camera on the roof were DNF's for me, went off course on first run, and had a throttle stuck issue, but noticed my cruise was turned on when I got back, turned the ignition off and back on, and throttle worked fine :roll: .