The Benzer

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

The Benzer

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I've talked about it, but I guess I never posted about it. Heres my *new* 300D. 1987 3.0L Turbodiesel. They only did the 3.0L 143HP Straight 6 in the W124 chassis for one year. Kind of hard to find, not really. In good shape they do 9 seconds to 60, pretty slow, I know. But I could perform surgery at 100mph, it's that smooth and it pulls hard to about 130. It's a very nice car.

Its got 174k on it, but the turbo and trans have less than 40k on them. In the past 10k I've done Bilstein HD struts, calipers/pads/rotors, diff resealed, motor mounts, and some other stuff. The car has a low RPM miss, but I've got new injectors from Italy I'm waiting to install. Pretty nice car, I paid the right money for it, and she does about 27mpg with a bad injector spray pattern. Should do around 30 REAL mpg my friends 5cyl '92 is returning consistent 32-35, hardly the 42mpg other craigslist ads claim, but for a decent sized fully functional benz sedan, I'll take high 20s.

Learning to work on diesels has been an experience but I like them. This car has some weird features on it, heated washer fluid tank, headlight wipers, power tilt steering wheel, alarm, etc.

I bought a jank ass parts car that I am pulling the motor out of to put on the shelf, a motor just sold on ebay for $2,100. I bought the parts car for its scrap value (a lot right now but nowhere near $2100) and will be holding onto the motor.

Its the gold one.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: The Benzer

Been cheating on my W124 with a W210, I'll post some pics later. But it's got one less turbo, and two more cylinders. And gets half the mpgs lol.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: The Benzer

Everyone updating their DD thread, I figured I'd do the same.

300D lasted longer than the E420, 300D is just plain cheaper to run, and the E420 was faster, but I didn't see the point of a weekend only automatic sedan that wasn't an E55. So stay tuned for that.

So I put new lightweight wheels and michelins on the car

Got a factory "Sportline" sway bar, 190E Cosworth Subframe mounts, new injectors, new filters, euro corners, FInnish trunk filler

On the compression test it makes factory compression give or take 10psi (factory is 440psi) with 182k on it.