Playing with a Go-Pro camera...

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Jinxmutt

Playing with a Go-Pro camera...

Post by Jinxmutt »

I finally got an in-car video uploaded at 1080p using a tiny go-pro camera. I missed 5th gear on this pass, but the vid is still pretty neat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVCa0btfQo

Matching vid from the grandstands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTpQ3LVkUI
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Playing with a Go-Pro camera...

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

very sweet.

I have been planning to go to the tx2k11 event in houston next year. I have been thinking about getting several of the go pro for different angles. Since there is no viewer on the camera, did you just point it straight ahead? I know it has a fish eye lens to capture a lot of the action, but curious if you had it pointed more towards the interior of the car or the exterior.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

The mount I used doesn't have any rotation to it. Its basically a suction cup with 3 or 4 joints that can be adjusted. I stuck it to the pass side window and the then adjusted the joints so the camera was about level. There is not adjustment to rotate it towards the center of the car. Same when its stuck to the outside of the car, it will only point straight forward or straight back. I would have liked to mount it to the rear window, but without being able to turn it 90*, that wasn't an option.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

New blowoff valve? Edit: just read about the axles.