I'm baaaaack!

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

slow'n'steady

I'm baaaaack!

Post by slow'n'steady »

Well, been a few years but I am back. :)

Some might remember, I had built an '87SE 3.4L DOHC. I ended up having a kid and needed some money really fast so I sold it, for $1k :( Well, I got it back a few weeks ago! Sadly, the person who bought it from me passed away and they where liquidating all of his projects. It got used/abused and what not but it is safe at home with me now and getting redone.

when I sold it: (well, I put a stock hood back on it first) Image

when I got it back: Image
The 4Runner on the trailer and an Xbox 360 setup is what I traded him for both the truck and the Fiero. The truck runs good now, I had to toss a new carb on it but she fired right up after that. Fiero still runs but has a top end tick.

He drove it a little bit the first couple weeks and then parked it in a barn with all his other stuff (he had about 20~ cars, including the F100 seen in the picture above which I also got from his collection, has 40"s on it put those little guys on it so it would fit on the trailer) and let it sit for the rest of the 3-4 years. Not much is different really, he broke the wing stands, the front bumper is torn, the rear deck lid is broken in half (I put a mustang scoop on it and cut out the "hump", he must have set a ton of weight on it or something?) interior is a little dirty but still mint, engine now has a knock as well.

First thing I did was get one of those brand new LQ1's off ebay which will be going in sooner or later. then I will probably put a front lip on it (since I can't find a decent bumper for a decent price) get some new wing stands (5" probably) either get a new rear deck lid or repair/reinforce the one that is on it and then see what else I find. While it was gone, I was working on my RX7, a few other cars i have already sold and the '73 Mach One under the car cover I picked up about a year ago.

I know it's not a Fiero but the above picture makes it look really bad so...
has a 360, 4-speed Toploader, 40" tires, 9" suspension lift, 3" body lift, bed is from an 80's GMC, bed floor is steel grate, has a fuel cell, 4BBL, long tube headers, finishing up the exhaust tomorrow, 2.5" dual pipes off the headers into 30" glass packs into a single 3.5" exhaust out the back.
slow'n'steady

Re: I'm baaaaack!

Post by slow'n'steady »

Oh yeah, no more working in a single stall garage either.

the section of the roof that is angled towards the camera is my shop, it has heat, A/C, cable t.v., running water etc... The open section with the roof in the second picture is mine as well. There is also a 400sq.ft. apartment inside I use when needed. the rest holds that tractors and what not most of the time. Belongs to the grandfather-in-law.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: I'm baaaaack!

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

welcome back.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312