A good week

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Unsafe At Any Speed

A good week

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I just thought I would share.

The week started off great with the fun NASA Rocky Mountain banquet and the nice trophy I brought home from that. Then I headed down to Barksdale AFB, LA for the score posting for this year's Global Strike Challenge (a best of the best competition for ICBM and bomber wings). FE Warren brought home the Blanchard trophy for best missile wing for the second year in a row. We also won 3 of the 4 maintenance categories as well as the overall best missile maintenance group for the second year in a row as well.

Personally, one of the greatest parts though was that my deputy and I won best missile crew and best emergency war orders score (the competition is broken up into the two categories of EWO and weapons system. We missed winning the weapon system score as well by a mere 3 points out of 250). Our overall score was 477 out of 500 possible points. Considering the next highest score was 452 when the overall spread (9 squadron crews) was only 408 to 477, we won by a considerable margin.

Anyway, just thought I would share. Being recognized as the best missile combat crew commander in the entire Air Force is a pretty cool feeling. :cool:

Now I just need to bring my driving skills up to match and take first in Time Trial and hopefully go and do well at Nationals as well. :P
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: A good week

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Congrats, man!

Where's the bottle you killed that night? It should be in the picture too! :Bravo: