a Firebird ( not my T/A )

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Atilla the Fun

a Firebird ( not my T/A )

Post by Atilla the Fun »

It's like a glacier calving. That must be the closest analogy. Because after 2 decades of sitting in the exact same spot, this 'bird has moved! And not just a quarter inch, or even a couple of feet. But into the garage!
So I washed it. Good start, yeah? Then I removed the headlights and trim, plus the taillights, then masked the windows and trim. The next day, it went from faded orange to gloss black. Too much of a "Bandit" thing, until I un-masked and re-installed all the chrome.
But the steel 15x6" wheels on whitewall 75-series tires were killing it. So I swapped the aluminum 15x7.5" wheels off my T/A, wearing used-up 235/60R15s. A bit short, viewed from the side. A bit narrow yet, viewed from the rear. But from any of the corner views, they're a world of improvement. They're obviously better even from behind.
So, on to the drivetrain.
The Pontiac 265 supposedly has a rod knock. That or something less, doesn't matter. It's 120 HP, and it is coming out, permanently. The trans was Aamco-replaced 2 years before the car was parked. So far I've had no luck in identifying it without getting under the car. Same goes for the axle ratio, I'm going to have to determine it for myself, because nowhere online has anyone posted what it should be.
The trans does have the BOP pattern, so it needs an adapter plate for the 43K-mile '79 LM1 I'm installing to kill it.
Then a 200-4R can go in.
This low-miles 350 has the guaranteed-to-crack #'624 heads, but I'm porting a pair of #'416 heads, so no worries.
Whatever ratio the axle is, it is the 8.5" 10-bolt, so it is getting the 3.42:1 gears I saved from my '83 C-10.
The exhaust system is fully rusted, the muffler is split, and the tailpipe is bent. Doesn't matter. Hooker makes a great mandrel-bent, manifold-back dual exhaust for these cars, which I've used before. But they're raising the price faster than inflation. I don't understand that.
So, add a pair of Summit's Chinese-ripoff-Flowmasters, it'll be good.
What's most missing from this equation is a decent steering wheel. That thin-rim granny tiller just won't do.
Today is pulling the 265. I expect this 350 to roar by this Friday night. Out here in farm land, noone will be bothered to hear it before the new exhaust goes on. I'm on friendly terms with all 3 of my neighbor families within a mile, anyway. They're all blood-related, anyway.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: a Firebird ( not my T/A )

Post by Aaron »

I'm not reading any of your posts anymore until you steal a digital camera.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Then how would you know if I post pics like these?
http://
Last edited by Atilla the Fun on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Dammit, that didn't work. Lemme try something else.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

What the hell?
I got the pics from my LG phone to my e-mail, then saved into my PC, but photobucket can't find them to upload. So I went back into e-mail to re-save to my PC, but then they show up.
What the eff is the point of putting a camera in a phone if you can't post those pics to the internet? This sucks turtle testicles.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you suck at the internetz
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

You suck at being a man, for only typing that but nothing helpful. Get out.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

He can post pics though. Not a whole lot, but enough.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I can too, you just can't see them when I do it my way. So I have a skill y'all don't? Stealth pics!
If you want to see pics, all it takes is sharing your technique with me. I'm out of ideas to try.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Atilla the Fun wrote:
I'll start by saying there's usually more to a URL than this...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Have image on desktop.

Upload photos to Photobucket.

Copy image URL.

Put URL inside [img] [/img] tags.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
fieroguru

Post by fieroguru »

Aaron wrote:Have image on desktop.

Upload photos to Photobucket.

Copy image URL.

Put URL inside tags.
Photobucket even adds the tags.
Just hover your mouse pointer over the pic on your photobucket screen, a drop down will appear, just click on the 4th one ("IMG CODE"), and it automatically copies it (along with the tags), then go to your forum post and just paste it.