Got an iPhone, what are some cool apps?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Got an iPhone, what are some cool apps?

Post by Aaron »

So I got an iPhone 4s and need some suggestions on what apps to get for it. Mainly cool ones that do things an average person wouldn't expect an iPhone would be able to do. I heard of one that can lock/unlock car doors, remote start, etc a car. What are the chances of my iPhone doing these things on my jeep? Anyways give me some suggestions!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Got an iPhone, what are some cool apps?

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

The lock and unlock one I know of is Mercedes M-Brace, I think aftermarket alarm companies now have apps, but obviously you'd have to have their system physically in your car.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The app I use most and can't live without is the flashlight app. iTorch4 is the one I use.

Have you heard of Shazam? It will tell you whatever song is playing around you. It listens and then figures out the song and artist.

If you like looking at stars, Skyview is very cool. You point your phone at the stars and it tells you what they are as well as planets and constellations.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I use the flashlight app constantly too.
Indy

Post by Indy »

Well I know you have an AR, so try Shooter. It's a ballistic calculation program that can sync up with a Kestrel handheld weather unit via bluetooth to provide real-time environmental correction factors (wind, density altitude, etc.) Pretty easy to use too.