Underground Racing's shop floor

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

Underground Racing's shop floor

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Pretty impressive if you ask me. I imagine everyone here knows what they build, but in case you don't, its twin turbo lambos, TT audis, and other high end performance cars.

FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Underground Racing's shop floor

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Yeah, they're not bad.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I wish I could get my garage that clean.

A local shop is twin turboing a Murcielago SV-670, be interested to see how it comes out
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I'm not impressed.. it's just a big unmodified warehouse with some lifts and tool chests. The lighting isn't even very good; there's nothing around ground level. It's also not climate-controlled. Looks like about 6,000 sq ft of shop floor (well, it's mostly car storage) and 1,000 sq ft of showroom/office at the back.

Even in Southern California you can get a structure like that for under $700k. The cars in that building are worth many times more than the shop -- tools included. That is impressive.

Do you want to see an impressive shop?

Look here. This is AutoDetailer's shop in Malaysia. Incredible.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Since UGR is in Charlotte, I @$$ume they outsource their component production to NASCAR shops.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Since UGR is in Charlotte.
I saw that picture about a month ago. I wasn't impressed then - am not impressed now. Never have been impressed with the place to be honest, and it's right down the street from me.

I remember when the Lamborghini Diablo used to command authority. You never saw them, and when you did, it was an "OH SHIT LOOK!!" moment. I see Gallardo's everywhere (well no shit Emc, UR is down the street). More to the point I suppose, the old Lambo's were a bastion of masculinity, they looked absolutely sinister. The new cars look like cute little Audi's to me. In fact, when I first saw that picture, the first thing that came to mind was the inside of a Jewish Jewelry store, flashy objects lined up under the glass counter.

TL;DR: If that warehouse was full of classic Diablo's and Countach's, I'd have made a visit. Looks like a warehouse full of rich men's playthings, not a warehouse full of badass cars.

I'm sure you all noticed the two 458's in the back corner? They also work on Vipers.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Emc209i wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:Since UGR is in Charlotte.
I remember when the Lamborghini Diablo used to command authority. You never saw them, and when you did, it was an "OH SHIT LOOK!!" moment.

I'm sure you all noticed the two 458's in the back corner? They also work on Vipers.
Have you seen an Aventador yet? I saw one at the Washington Auto Show... I think they'll bring back that mystique.

I work basically across the street from Ferrari of Washington and Lamborghini of Washington. Loudoun and Fairfax counties are the richest in the country... I've seen a 458 at Baha Fresh.

"Too many self-indulgent wieners in this town with too much bloody money!"

UGR is a "systems integrator". They don't build any (or much) of the stuff that goes out the door... they just have people produce their designs and then bolt it all together. The company I work for does the same thing with satellites.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yea I guess that shop floor sucks. This shop floor is much better.

26 years in the business. You can see how this guy is doing things RIGHT!!
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Have you seen an Aventador yet? I saw one at the Washington Auto Show... I think they'll bring back that mystique.
Of course. There's one sitting at the end of the middle row (center of picture).

We'll see, but they've got a lot of ground to make up in my opinion (nobody cares about my opinion).
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

There's one on the lift, now that you mention it.

700 HP just isn't enough, I guess.