progress on the banshee...

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

ericjon262

Re: progress on the banshee...

Post by ericjon262 »

re-worked intercooler mount.

hopefully for the last time.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

exhaust is 99% complete, just need to put the slashcut in, and a flex coupling. should have pics tomorrow.

LC1 is mounted, and the wires routed, still needs to be wired up, but for the most part it's done.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Cool. I love progress.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

had to do a little bit of work on the shift linkage today:

the factory cavalier F23 shift linkage used a plastic bushing that I happen to have lost somewhere along the way, probably a good thing though, because I'm not sure plastic would hold up well as close to the downpipe as these parts are.

my new bushing is a piece of 1/2 plate aluminum.

here are a few pics of the rest of the linkage.

and here's the exhaust from behind the car, keep in mind, the car is on jackstands way higher then it will be while driving, so most of the system won't be seen. all I have left to do is weld in a slashcut, and a flex pipe and it's done.

the weather hasn't been cooperating today, so I wasn't able to get as much done as I wanted, but something is better then nothing.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

got the engine back, finished the final assembly, installed the flywheel and clutch, installed a new HTOB, bled the master, bled the line, started bleeding the HTOB, and apparently, it's defective. there's a nice little puddle of hydraulic fluid dripping out from the bellhousing. :-o never got a pedal at all... my machinist did great job on the engine, but he took way to damn long. if I had the engine back, even last week, I would have had time to deal with issues like this. (un)fortunately, I ship out for boot camp tomorrow morning, I was hoping to hear it run before I left, but it looks like the car will have to wait 9ish weeks before I even get a chance to think about it again, much less hear it run.

oh well, life happens. I'll get a new clutch (clutchnet stage 4) and HTOB(GM) on order before I leave tomorrow, and when I get back, I'll fix it.

it'll take a little longer then planned, but I'll make it happen still....
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Good luck in boot!

What service?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Navy, on my way to meps nola right now to ship.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Oh yeah, I think you'd mentioned that before... I knew you were in Pensacola.

Don't go too wild in NOLA the night before! You'll pay for it!

Is there a boot camp in NOLA, or are they sending you to Great Lakes?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Oh yeah, I think you'd mentioned that before... I knew you were in Pensacola.

Don't go too wild in NOLA the night before! You'll pay for it!

Is there a boot camp in NOLA, or are they sending you to Great Lakes?
Hangover +bootcamp sounds like a Terrible idea... I will be at great lakes, it is the navy's last remaining boot camp.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I kinda had the idea that GL was the last...

Any idea what rating you want?

Seabees are where it's at :wink:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Well at least you got it installed. Why did you need the clutch bled in order to hear the engine run? You could have fired it up with no clutch
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

for me, it was Seebees or Submarines, in this instance, submarines won. I've signed as a nuke, we'll see how far that goes though. I want to be a nuke Machinist's Mate and go to welding school for some professional training, instead point and shoot I've been doing for the past couple of years. I'm sure I could survive as a Electrician's Mate or Electronics Tech too though.

I didn't try to start it because I still needed to put the turbo back in. Its
Much easier to bleed the clutch without it in the way.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

well, I'm out of boot camp, I'm going to try and get the car shipped up here so I can get some work done on the weekends. looks like shipping will run somewhere around $750-$850...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Congratulations!

I paid $1050 to have the Ferrari moved from Denver to VA.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Thanks!

it's looking like it will cost around that to have it shipped here, I only have one quote so far, and it was for $850. it might be cheaper to get a Uhaul trailer and haul it myself, IDK, I've still got some time to iron that out.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

I haven't updated this thread in ages, and unfortunately, there hasn't been much to say... but alas, I have some news. towards the end of next month, I'm going on leave, and I intend to bring the car, and all of it's parts with me. once that happens, we may get to hear the bitch start.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

after a year, I have the car in my possession once again, time to get beck to work!
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Sweeet.

How's Navy life treating you?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Sweeet.

How's Navy life treating you?
it's got it's highs and lows,

Highs: I just finished Nuclear power school, and am on prototype hold ATM.

Lows: I just spent $300 renting a trailer to get the car here, and now they're sending me to Kings Bay while I'm on hold... time to rent another trailer.... :-o
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I've heard Nuke school is interesting. Nuke was my second choice after aviation, but I ended up in the Civil Engineer Corps instead. Go figure.