progress on the banshee...

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

ericjon262

Re: progress on the banshee...

Post by ericjon262 »

what kind of reluctor does the N* use for the cam?

Have you ever seen all of the tunable parameters for an LS1 PCM? it's insane, I have my doubts that it flat out wouldn't work.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

I have found the flags for cyl count in the bin, not sure if that's the only change that would be required though.

In other news, the guys on the megasquirt forum said the patch will probably be in by the end of the month, but maybe even by the end of the week!
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

"new" engine is paid for, I'll have my work cut out for me for the next couple weeks for sure.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

ericjon262 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm what kind of reluctor does the N* use for the cam?

Have you ever seen all of the tunable parameters for an LS1 PCM? it's insane, I have my doubts that it flat out wouldn't work.
All the fixed cam timing engines use the right intake sprocket. <'99 has a single peg, while >'00 has the 180 degree ring like you mentioned on the previous page.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

ericjon262 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm I have found the flags for cyl count in the bin, not sure if that's the only change that would be required though.

In other news, the guys on the megasquirt forum said the patch will probably be in by the end of the month, but maybe even by the end of the week!
Which .bin?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 am
ericjon262 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm I have found the flags for cyl count in the bin, not sure if that's the only change that would be required though.

Which .bin?
I should rephrase, I found it in the tunerpro XDF.
Last edited by ericjon262 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 am
ericjon262 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm what kind of reluctor does the N* use for the cam?

All the fixed cam timing engines use the right intake sprocket. <'99 has a single peg, while >'00 has the 180 degree ring like you mentioned on the previous page.
is the shelby code compatible with both sensors? I assume it's just with the 00+
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

ericjon262 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:37 pm
I should rephrase, I found it in the tunerpro XDF.

.XDF for which .bin? :P
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

it's obd2, so it's by OS. OS from gearhead efi is 12202088, which I'm pretty sure is a truck file, but I'm finding some odd settings in the file, seems like something isn't right.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... CM-Project!

Edit: I'm also not going to be pursuing this any further until I get some other stuff handled.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

hmmm, the MS3x issue with the 24x wheel is halfway fixed. the wheel now works with the 6 cylinder programming, but exhibits an odd sync loss problem. will working on it, but I think it may be deeper than I like, the LS1 cam position is a 175 degree 1x "wheel", the LX9, is a single missing tooth. both are 1x, but one will produce a wildly different signal, which I think may be confusing the MS3.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

ericjon262 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:41 pm
is the shelby code compatible with both sensors? I assume it's just with the 00+
Shelby code is for <'99 engines. IIRC, the Series 1 was a '99 model with a special waiver such that it only had to meet '98 emissions standards. Supposedly the only difference between it and a standard Aurora 4.0 was that it had the Cadillac L37 (300 HP; 266/244) cams with the intakes ground 5 degrees advanced (IE, reduced the LSA by 5 degrees). The normal Aurora engines used the Cadillac LD8 (275 HP; 244/244) cams. CHRF re-drilled sprockets advance the intake cams TEN degrees.
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

The outlook is poor for a decent Gen III PCM that controls a V6 on a 24x crank.

Ther GEN IV ECM, handles a 58x crank and 4x cam sensor with V6 waste spark.
Attachments
2019-02-28_12-44-55.jpg
2019-02-28_12-44-55.jpg (179.87 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
2019-02-28_12-43-45.jpg
2019-02-28_12-43-45.jpg (110.41 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
car.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

FieroWanaBe1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm The outlook is poor for a decent Gen III PCM that controls a V6 on a 24x crank.

I think the outlook is better than you might think, but I agree, it's not great. the whole project is very low on my priority list for sure.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

FieroWanaBe1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm The outlook is poor for a decent Gen III PCM that controls a V6 on a 24x crank.

Just get an LZ4 or 3900... bigger bore, better heads, variable cam phasing... Extra better new.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Just get an LZ4 or 3900... bigger bore, better heads, variable cam phasing... Extra better new.

I'm just curious how much tuning capability we have for them, being non-V8 GM products, I'd bet it's minimal. yet another reason I'm gonna stay with my MS3.
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

car.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

FieroWanaBe1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:12 pm I just found out about this:
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic ... ion+module
That's a long thread, but interesting. I only read the first page so far.
I don't *need* any ignition work... The Northstar coil pack is every bit as bullet-proof as the V6 coil packs, but coil per cylinder is pretty sexy. It would probably be easier to update the Shelby .BIN to run coil per cylinder than to try to get something else to work, though.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:38 pm
FieroWanaBe1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:12 pm I just found out about this:
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic ... ion+module
That's a long thread, but interesting. I only read the first page so far.
I don't *need* any ignition work... The Northstar coil pack is every bit as bullet-proof as the V6 coil packs, but coil per cylinder is pretty sexy. It would probably be easier to update the Shelby .BIN to run coil per cylinder than to try to get something else to work, though.
probably just run it with an LS1 bin at that point...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Incompatible trigger wheels.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

what's the wheel pattern on a N*? I thought they were 24x?

Edit: they are 24x, but GM was dumb and used a different 24x...