Cars & Coffee 130413 in Great Falls, VA

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: Cars & Coffee 130413 in Great Falls, VA

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:Oh okay. Yeah, I supposed I could've read that... :roll:

I definitely need to check this event out.
It was nice meeting you at Fairfax the other week. Caddy looks boss and sounds goood.
Yeah, you too. I think I might try to make it to Fairfax again this weekend depending on the weather. The Great Falls one is sooo early. I like sleep. :-D
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I've always had a thing for the C4 ZR1. 405hp was wicked fast back then, and they had a gorgeous engine.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Aaron wrote:I've always had a thing for the C4 ZR1. 405hp was wicked fast back then, and they had a gorgeous engine.
For as ugly as the C4 is I liked them too but the later 405hp cars with the more rounded body lines. I've got a friend who has 4 of them with varying states of no miles on them. One has under 100 on it if I remember right. Fun to look at when you're smoking cigars in the garage but I've never driven one.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

It's easy to lose track of how fast period supercars were in their day. 375 HP in a Testarossa doesn't sound like much nowadays, when Hyundai has a 360 HP model, but in 1984 it was blistering performance. When the C4 ZR1 came out in 1990, it had 375 HP, but the standard Vette had 240ish.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Its all relative, people forget to put stuff in historical perspective.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I also liked the later ones more. My Dad was a Chevy salesman back then, and to this day tells stories of how brutal that ZR1 was. It had a key you turned to get full power, and my dad says it was like getting rear ended by a freight train when you turned that key. He would say how you had to have miles of freeway clear ahead of you, and it'd hit triple digits in no time. Today his SS Camaro is nearly that fast, and let's be honest at 365hp it isn't that quick haha.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.