Selling my wrecked, diesel Benz wagon

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

Selling my wrecked, diesel Benz wagon

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

This car is a bit of a mess, but they only sold something like 1,200 87 300TD wagons, making it the only W124 Diesel Station wagon available in the US. Don't act like you're not intrigued Will...

The car is wrecked but the title is clean.

The car is White over Blue MB Tex, 271,000 miles. The previous owner told me the motor had been rebuilt, but supplied no receipts to document it.

The MB tex interior is in nice shape, the car has the third row seat, and the wood is all in nice shape.

The car does run, I put a battery in it and replaced some fuel hoses and the car did start and idle.

Now for the bad:
The car is wrecked, it slid off the road and hit a telephone pole guide wire, that creased the bumper support and pushed the radiator into the fan, so until the car is pulled on, the radiator will not fit in the car.

The passenger side of the car was also damaged on the door and fender. The previous owner put on the black door. The gold fender is a correct 1987 300D fender with the door jamb vent, I just set it on the car, it is not bolted down at all.

One of the jack points on the passenger rear is rusty, but not the worst I've ever seen, the tube is still in tact, just the area around it is gone.

The other three jack points appear to have POR15 on them, and are solid.

There are two holes in the floor, neither are big, but holes nonetheless.

The passenger side footwell has a hole in it, again, not huge but sizeable.

The drivers side rocker under the fender looks like someone attempted to jack the car up from it.

Also, I rolled the car forward in neutral, put it in park, jacked it up changed a tire that kept going flat, and then set the car back down and put it back in neutral, the car is behaving as if its stuck in park. When I briefly ran the car it didn't have a radiator so it pumped out a bunch of ATF, I don't know if the trans being low on fluid would cause the park mechanism to stick. I intend to mess with that.

The car also has 87 wheels on the front, and the post 1990 wheels on the back, I'll see if I can come up with a pair of early wheels for you for the back

I obviously have never driven the car, so I would go ahead and assume the brakes will need attention as this car has probably been sitting for 5 years.

Included with the car are:
The 1987 Passenger Vented Fender
Washer Fluid Container
2 Junkyard Radiators for a 87 300D (haven't tested either so you can have both)
Spare 1987 AC Condenser in case the one on the car was damaged
1987 300D Transmission with 189k in case there is something actually wrong with the one in the car
Metal Trim for the under headlights

I am asking $1000 for the car. It is a big project, however I am firm on the price. I could part the car out and make more considering the engine runs. I think it would be a shame to part out and crush an 87 TDT that isn't terminal, just in need of help. I had a body buy in Cincinnati who was going to do the work to straighten the bumper support, but I just simply have too many irons in the fire and am working on focusing my efforts on things like my 190SL and 220.

The car is located in Columbus Ohio.

The back seat is in nice shape and I have 2 headrests for it. I just had stuff sitting on the back seats that I took out for the pictures, those creases will come out.
ImageImage