Stupid gun laws

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Stupid gun laws

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Steven, I @$$ume you're paying attention to the *INSANE* things that your legislature is doing and planning a recall similar to what just happened in Colorado....

http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showth ... ost1007454
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Re: Let's see your guns!

Post by Series8217 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Steven, I @$$ume you're paying attention to the *INSANE* things that your legislature is doing and planning a recall similar to what just happened in Colorado....

http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showth ... ost1007454
I don't normally discuss politics on the intarwebz, so I'll just leave some general information here about what is going on with firearms policy in California. This is going to be my only post in this thread on this topic.

If you want to cry for the rest of the night* you can learn about everything else the California Senate is passing here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/foru ... y.php?f=71

California gun owners (at least those that are aware....) are doing everything they can politically** to fight the passage of these bills and/or get them vetoed by the Governor, but it's pretty hopeless with an anti-gun supermajority in every portion of the state government. There have been some decisions by the Supreme Court recently that support more reasonable gun control laws and knock down the crazy ones, so that opens up the possibility of court battles. There will be battles in court, but the courts are slow...

* - California seems to set the standard which other states eventually follow. It will take years, but the laws passed here will be put in place in other states. Unfortunately there are still people who think that doesn't happen, and people who think that moving out of this state to a free state is a long-term solution.

**- Except vote....
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: Stupid gun laws

Post by crzyone »

We have always had gun laws in Canada, most have been more strict than the States but our government isn't out trying to make it worse. In some ways our gun laws seem to be getting more lax. Our conservative government axed the long gun registry and trashed the records.

Getting a gun license doesn't really bother me but knowing criminals don't play by the same rules makes them moot anyways. It will probably be another awesome way to load up your already cramped prisons.

The part of that new law in Cali that says you can't pass on your rifles is plain theft. They are as good as cash money and have value. I can't see how they think they can just take them away when you die....
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Because they're tyrannical nutjobs who have no respect for peoples' rights.

Did you hear about the Colorado state legislators who were recalled? I think that's awesome.
The two who were recalled seemed completely oblivious to the fact that it wasn't the machinations of the NRA that booted them, it was their own constituency expressing "no confidence" in their representation.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I voted for Giron's recall, one of those senators :)

And I am on my up to Fort Collins tomorrow actually. A friend of mine let me borrow his high capacity school children killing magazines a year ago, and now I have to return them.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Aaron wrote:I voted for Giron's recall, one of those senators :)
Good on you.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

So the CA gov signed about half the stupid stuff into law and veto'd about half.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) was talking about organizing some State level legislative recalls once the full extent of the damage was known
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:So the CA gov signed about half the stupid stuff into law and veto'd about half.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) was talking about organizing some State level legislative recalls once the full extent of the damage was known
He vetoed the assault weapons ban and some other nasty stuff.

The "worst" thing that passed, from what I can tell, is the lead ammo ban for all hunting. I don't hunt with guns, so it doesn't affect me, but it seems like a pretty intense limitation for those who do.

Recalls won't get anywhere in California..
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Series8217 wrote: Recalls won't get anywhere in California..
A lot of people thought that about Colorado...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Banning lead hunting bullets is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Do these politicians think they need to come up with new laws as part of their job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1G4W5fC ... dyRF3HPVEw

If you haven't seen these guys on youtube, check out their channel. They talk a lot about this stuff and they are entertaining.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

It's not about being sensible, intelligent or pursuing the single purpose of government, which is to protect everyone's rights. It's about doing what they think they need to do to preserve their chances of re-election, no matter whose interests they trample along the way.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

crzyone wrote:Do these politicians think they need to come up with new laws as part of their job?
Yes.