Dyno graph of my Northstar

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Dyno graph of my Northstar

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I have a scan of my Northstar's dyno graph. How do I post it here? Maybe you need a PIP capbility :P

Just figured I'd let those working on the swap know what to expect. I can post subsequent dyno sheets as I mod the engine as well.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Email it to me , I will upload it

jmccreery@buddssubaru.com
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I Can't wait til mines on the road with a 100 shot.

You ever get your heads sorted out Will?

JM
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Forgot that was so large. I emailed you a smaller version.

That run was made with the IAT sensor inadvertently unplugged. I later plugged it in and it got a lot smoother and gained a noticeable amount of midrange torque, although I didn't get a second dyno run in that configuration.

This run was also using the 275 chip. It sets the limiter to 6400 RPM. The timing curve puts peak power at 5200 RPM. The AFR's weren't measured, but should be slightly skewed owing to the differing VE curves between the 275 and 300 engines. The 275 engine would have peak torque at 4000 RPM while the 300 engine (and this chart) have peak torque at 4400.

So peak torque at 4400 ala the 300 engine and peak power at 5200 ala the 275 chip... that's a nice powerband isn't it?

Once I get a proper 300HP chip in it, it should gain 20-25 RWHP peak, the power peak will move to 6000 RPM and the limiter will go up to 6700.

At that point, I think will a little bit of tweaking on things like the exhaust and intake tract, it will be darn close to 300 at the wheels.

With 255 rwhp putting me in the high 12's, I'd think that 280-300 should be good for mid-12's at least...
eHoward
Banned

Re: Dyno graph of my Northstar

Post by eHoward »

I offered you webspace dude.

I KNOW you can figure out how to use FTP.

quote="The Dark Side of Will"]How do I post it here? Maybe you need a PIP capbility :P
[/quote]
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Well sign me up for some webspace, then, dude.

It's just so rarely that I want to put something up that I hadn't bothered until now...