13%

Total votes: 24

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

DiggityBiggity wrote:One more time...

This is building 7's location.

This is building 7 two hours prior to collapse

Now... here a couple of examples of other steel structures that were on fire... that didn't even come close to collapsing

Interstate Bank Building 1988

One Meridian Plaza 1991

Caracas Venezuela 2004

Windsor Building, Madrid Spain 2005
The Dark Side of Will wrote:Pictures of burning sky scrapers are nice, but you've got to look at what was burning and where it was burning. Was there a gas line into the building? Fuel oil tanks for heat? Some refrigerants are flammable and the right (wrong) design in the air conditioning could release a lot of hot burning stuff. You just don't know enough to say one way or the other.
DiggityBiggity wrote:This is what I'm saying... Larry Silverstein admitted the building was pulled...
The Dark Side of Will wrote:You're interpreting this statement in light of your conspiratorial leanings. Was he perhaps referring to pulling the FDNY out of the building because they couldn't stop the fire? With the fire unstopable, the building collapsed on its own.

I hate repeating myself, but I guess no one listens to me beccause I'm not a ranting lunatic.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: Pictures of burning sky scrapers are nice, but you've got to look at what was burning and where it was burning. Was there a gas line into the building? Fuel oil tanks for heat? Some refrigerants are flammable and the right (wrong) design in the air conditioning could release a lot of hot burning stuff. You just don't know enough to say one way or the other.
zonyl wrote:I did just read two things however:
- #7 had tens of thousands of gallons of diesel fuel tanks located just below the "command center".
- McCormick Place was a steel structure that collapsed due to a smallish fire.

Hmm...
The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse [“official theoryâ€
Indy

Post by Indy »

Even the Fire Deprtment suggested that the fire was NOT containable, and further efforts could result in an unnecessary loss of life. Why is it so hard to believe that they withdrew from the building and let it burn down?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Indy wrote:Even the Fire Deprtment suggested that the fire was NOT containable, and further efforts could result in an unnecessary loss of life. Why is it so hard to believe that they withdrew from the building and let it burn down?
Letting it burn down, and collapsing as it did, are two completely different stories... Steel structures DO NOT collapse due to fire..IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!!

Your concerned leader

Diggity"It would have been gutted, not destroyed"Biggity
Indy

Post by Indy »

DiggityBiggity wrote:
Indy wrote:Even the Fire Deprtment suggested that the fire was NOT containable, and further efforts could result in an unnecessary loss of life. Why is it so hard to believe that they withdrew from the building and let it burn down?
Letting it burn down, and collapsing as it did, are two completely different stories... Steel structures DO NOT collapse due to fire..IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!!

Your concerned leader

Diggity"It would have been gutted, not destroyed"Biggity

This steel structure did not collapse due to fire?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Give me a before picture... tell me how many stories it was... and No.. it doesn't look like it completely collapsed... from what I see... it looks like it was the ROOF that came down..

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Give me a reference"Biggity
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Who cares if building #7 was blown up anyways? It was probibly always rigged with explosives to protect whatever secret material is inside. If the government doesn't admit to it, its likely they don't want other government workers to worry that the building they are working in is also rigged with explosives... that would suck.

They said the wtc came down because of the fire for a few reasons. First, the impact of the jets blew the insulation off of the support beams. And the jet fuel burns very hot and weakened the metal to the point of fatigue.

Those other buildings that are burning have their insulation intact.

The WTC was designed to take the impact of an airliner, but wasn't built to handle a fully fueled airliner and the fire it produced.

If you watch the wtc fall, it collapses right where the airliner hit it. The top floors don't come down first, the whole top of the building falls at the same time, pancaking the floors below it all the way down.

zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

DiggityBiggity wrote:Give me a before picture... tell me how many stories it was... and No.. it doesn't look like it completely collapsed... from what I see... it looks like it was the ROOF that came down..

Your concerned leader

McCormick Place. The paper, wood, plastic fire created temperatures great enough to twist the steel/concrete structure causing collapse of the roof, and did it all without the help of a. Plane Collision, b. Jet Fuel, c. Tremors, d. thousands of gallons of diesel fuel.

This buildings steel structure collapse under fire led to pioneering a lot of building codes. Co-incidentally this building's collapse was attributed to a lack of firefighter response (due to shortage of water) I would guess the reason we do not see too many steel structures fall because of fire because of adequate fire control.
Last edited by zonyl on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Great picture of the true terrorist

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Bahhh like a sheep"Biggity
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

zonyl wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:Give me a before picture... tell me how many stories it was... and No.. it doesn't look like it completely collapsed... from what I see... it looks like it was the ROOF that came down..

Your concerned leader

McCormick Place. The paper, wood, plastic fire created temperatures great enough to twist the steel/concrete structure causing collapse of the roof, and did it all without the help of a. Plane Collision, b. Jet Fuel, c. Tremors, d. thousands of gallons of diesel fuel.

This buildings steel structure collapse under fire led to pioneering a lot of building codes.
The roof of a building.. compared to a steel sky scraper.. is much much different..

What I had said was.. NO Steel Skyscraper...Much different construction

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Skyscrapers do not fall like that"Biggity
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

DiggityBiggity wrote:
zonyl wrote:

Your concerned leader

This buildings steel structure collapse under fire led to pioneering a lot of building codes.
The roof of a building.. compared to a steel sky scraper.. is much much different..

Your concerned leader

Last time I checked, Steel melts at around 2500 deg F, regardless of being in a skyscraper or roof of a building. There was a houseware show going on at the time, so I guess it could be some sort of Women's Rights terrorist group that thermited that building as well (just kidding around with ya) :afrocool:

I wonder if anyone has looked into the amount of kinetic energy released upon collapse of the trade center buildings. That might account for the incredible heat they were seeing in the steel joints during salvage.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

zonyl wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:
zonyl wrote:

Your concerned leader

Your concerned leader

Last time I checked, Steel melts at around 2500 deg F, regardless of being in a skyscraper or roof of a building. There was a houseware show going on at the time, so I guess it could be some sort of Women's Rights terrorist group that thermited that building as well (just kidding around with ya) :afrocool:

I wonder if anyone has looked into the amount of kinetic energy released upon collapse of the trade center buildings. That might account for the incredible heat they were seeing in the steel joints during salvage.
What I'm saying is.. Look at the walls.. they're still standing.. it was the roof that collapsed... The roof of a structure made of steel.. and an entire steel skyscraper, are two completely different things

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Buildings do not fall like that"Biggity
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

DiggityBiggity wrote: Great picture of the true terrorist
Heh, read what is on the wall above the prez. Thats why I thought you would love that picture :thumbleft:
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

DiggityBiggity wrote:Great picture of the true terrorist

Your concerned leader

did you happen to notice that he lives in canada? real sheep alright :la:
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

One of them canadian sheep.
Kohburn wrote:

Your concerned leader

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

eHoward wrote:One of them canadian sheep.
Kohburn wrote:

Your concerned leader

that made my day
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

crzyone wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote: Great picture of the true terrorist
Heh, read what is on the wall above the prez. Thats why I thought you would love that picture :thumbleft:
EFFIN AWESOME!!! I love it!

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Sorry man, I'm heated over here"Biggity
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

To secure peace, prepare for war.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

People are all to do about windows shattering in ways that look like small detonations or squibs or whatever.

To them I pose a couple of questions...
1) How far can you fold a piece of glass at room temp?
2) Where does the air inside a building go as it collapses?

1 is relevant because the building can easily flex the inch or so necessary to shatter a window without that movement being perceptible from hundreds of feet away on film. This would make the windows appear to blow out immediately *before* the building collapses, when it is in fact the imminence of the building's collapse that is blowing out the windows.

2 is relevant because all that air is being pushed out of the building somehow. In one of the photos on one of the links, a window below the front of the collapse on one of the towers is being blown out. So what? Elevator shafts can carry airflow down the building in advance of the oncoming collapse. If an elevator door were open and a few doors in the offices on the same floor open (highly likely since people left in a panic and the power was probably shut off unexpectedly), then the pressure wave preceding the collapses could easily blow out a window ahead of the collapse.

The detonantion of 8oz of black powder can make a large window visibly flex over 100 feet away (experience). Blowing one out shouldn't take much more pressure.

Oh yeah... was that a person waving from the gaping hole, or a piece of something flapping in the wind (of which there is obviously quite a bit)?
whipped

Post by whipped »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: The detonantion of 8oz of black powder can make a large window visibly flex over 100 feet away (experience). Blowing one out shouldn't take much more pressure.
just a minor point... black powder doesn't detonate, it deflagrates. black powder requires a container, whereas something like TNT creates it's own container through its supersonic shock wave.

..just sayin :blah5: