A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

EBSB52

Ohio nutjob backs off idiotic remark

Post by EBSB52 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051123/ap_ ... NlYwN0bWE-

Ohio Republican Backs Off Murtha Criticism
2 hours, 9 minutes ago
Ohio Republican Jean Schmidt said Tuesday she should have rephrased her sharp critique of a fellow congressman's call to immediately pull troops from Iraq.
Schmidt was booed off the floor of the U.S. House on Friday after she criticized Rep. John Murtha (news, bio, voting record), D-Pa., saying that "cowards cut and run, Marines never do."
When Schmidt made the comment, Democrats rose in protest at the suggestion that Murtha, a decorated Vietnam veteran and the ranking Democrat on the House Appropriations defense subcommittee, was a coward.
Schmidt said the comment was prompted by a conversation she had with state Rep. Danny Bubp, though he denies discussing Murtha with Schmidt.
Schmidt, who sent Murtha a note of apology on Friday moments after her speech, said in a statement Tuesday that she never intended to attack Murtha personally.
"While I strongly disagree with his policy, neither Representative Bubp nor I ever wished to attack Congressman Murtha," she said. "I only take exception to his policy position."
Bubp said in a statement of his own Tuesday that his conversation with Schmidt "was based strictly on the proposal to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and the consequences of such a proposal."
Schmidt declined during an interview on Cincinnati radio station WLW to discuss her fellow Republican's denial: "I was repeating words. I am not going to get into that debate."
Neither Schmidt nor Bubp returned calls left at their offices Tuesday.
Murtha has called Schmidt's comment ridiculous.
"You can't spin this. You've got to have a real solution," Murtha said Monday when asked about her remarks at a news conference in Pennsylvania. "This is not a war of words, this is a war."
Other Republicans also criticized Murtha for calling for the withdrawal of troops. President Bush and other administration officials have since said that while they don't agree with Murtha, they do not question his patriotism.

WHat is this, backlash from the mess the Repugs have made? I wonder if we should, "cut and run" and we did in Korea and VN? See how ridiculous that is? We quit Korea and VN due to the foul nature of our presence, but we did cut and run. Now the proposition arises and we are acting as if we never cut and run, at least the Repugs make that claim.

Then you have some hysterical witch making crys of people being unpatriotic..... I wonder how many year US militart service she has?

Isn't it laughable at how the chimp and Cheney have zero war time, Kerry did see action and the former pair acted as if it was no big deal. Then this witch slams another decorated war hero, just as Bush did to Kerry and McCain. And the lockstepped Repugs buy into that idiocy.... who's the real idiot?
Lex

Re: Ohio nutjob backs off idiotic remark

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote:who's the real idiot?

Damn I know this one... :scratch:

Who is Eb?

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

NAMBLA wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:who's the real idiot?

Damn I know this one... :scratch:

Who is Eb?

Congratulations, you avoided the entire thread to hijack my point. You could have had character and moved along, but no, you thought you would stir the pot. Let's see you blame me now....
Lex

Post by Lex »

eb wrote: Let's see you blame me now....
Remeber Eb, paranoia involves feelings of persecution.

:thumbleft:
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I agree with Eb on this one...

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Way to avoid the point"Biggity
GT86

Post by GT86 »

EBSB52 wrote:
WHat is this, backlash from the mess the Repugs have made? I wonder if we should, "cut and run" and we did in Korea and VN? See how ridiculous that is? We quit Korea and VN due to the foul nature of our presence, but we did cut and run. Now the proposition arises and we are acting as if we never cut and run, at least the Repugs make that claim.

Then you have some hysterical witch making crys of people being unpatriotic..... I wonder how many year US militart service she has?

Isn't it laughable at how the chimp and Cheney have zero war time, Kerry did see action and the former pair acted as if it was no big deal. Then this witch slams another decorated war hero, just as Bush did to Kerry and McCain. And the lockstepped Repugs buy into that idiocy.... who's the real idiot?
Get your history right before you compare it to current events. We did not cut and run in Korea. Our presence there was part of a U.N. action in response to the declaration of war by the North Koreans on South Korea. While the war did end in stalemate, it did accomplish the stated goals of removing North Korean forces from the area south of the 38th parallel, in effect keeping South Korea free. And we still have a presence there, hardly a case of cut and run.

Vietnam IS a case of cut and run, but it is due to extremely poor policy decisions on the part of Washington based bureacrats. The military was handicapped from the beginning by the McNamara bunch to fight a more politically acceptable war. Had the military been allowed to take the fight to North Vietnam, the war would have had a far different outcome.