LC3 supercharger

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

LC3 supercharger

Post by ericjon262 »

because I have no sense, I bought one. I figured I could throw it on the shelf for a while, and maybe do something dumber in the future, but we all know we can't just put something this beautiful on a shelf without putting it places it doesn't belong first...

Here's a picture of the blower

and places it doesn't belong.

here it is upside down with an LX9 intake on it to demonstrate the width difference between the ports

and here it is gently set down on my LX9 in the car. in no way would this be anywhere close to clearing the decklid in any imaginable position, unless you did a 12" body lift... lol!

Depending on the port height on a N*, it might just clear the decklid hinge on the passenger side. I can't recommend anyone do this with a 60V6, as it wouldn't be useful for any kind of street driven application. I am exploring the idea of a custom plenum that uses the LC3 blower's intercooler though, as it has a ton of potential to be a extremely compact unit compared to most A2W setups.

Edit:

I really do think this could be adapted to a 60V6 if someone was crazy enough to try it.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: LC3 supercharger

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

With enough custom casting or 5 axis machine work... it could totally fit!

Plenty of precedent for a blower sticking through the engine lid on a hot rod.
ericjon262

Re: LC3 supercharger

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 am With enough custom casting or 5 axis machine work... it could totally fit!

Plenty of precedent for a blower sticking through the engine lid on a hot rod.
sure, but I'm not really into that look with a fiero... Honestly, I'm considering making adapters to fit one of these to my 6.0 truck.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."