3900 LIM gaskets.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

3900 LIM gaskets.

Post by ericjon262 »

Crappy pictures, but stay away from fel pro gaskets for the V6 engines, all of them I have seen are crap compared to OEM. in this case, the fel pro overhangs the port by a pretty huge margin, where the OEM is significantly larger than the port.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Shaun41178(2)

Re: 3900 LIM gaskets.

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Yea I trimmed out that black rubber part on my 3900 gaskets.

I wasnt sure if factory are reusable so I just got new. Nut also noticed the gasket is way smaller than the port. But its rubber so a razorblade was used to match the gaskets
ericjon262

Re: 3900 LIM gaskets.

Post by ericjon262 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:21 pm Yea I trimmed out that black rubber part on my 3900 gaskets.

I wasnt sure if factory are reusable so I just got new. Nut also noticed the gasket is way smaller than the port. But its rubber so a razorblade was used to match the gaskets
if the heads were ported or something, that would make sense, but these are bone stock heads.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."