A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Covid Restrictions

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Congratulations!

Great find on the hardwoods!

I'm kind of thinking I want a wheel balancer so I can play with tire orientation and road force on big steamrollers.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

If you buy a used balancer, check for play between the centering cones and the shaft. If there is too much play, the rotation axis won't repeat between the balancer and the car. The shaft can wear down from sliding the cones on and off all day long.

I actually obtained the centering cones first, and then told the machinist who turned the shaft to make the shaft a close slide fit to the centering cones I supplied.

********************************************************************************

On my rear Enkei wheels, I can't have the balancing masses on the usual inboard edge. In that position, the masses will come too close to the taco clamp. So the masses will have to be pushed outboard a bit, away from the taco.

These kinds of "special requirements" are when it's nice to have your own balancer. Not obvious to have a normal tire shop do these things.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

The provincial mask mandate was lifted from most workplaces (except for hospitals, stores, public transit).

Today was my first mask-free day at work in over a year and a half. Felt kind of strange! I was often feeling like something was missing, sort of like looking for a weapon you're supposed to be carrying.

When I strolled through the shop of about 400 people, I counted maybe 10 who were wearing masks (by their own choice).

Since the number of people who continued to wear the mask was small after the mandate was lifted, I think that the decision to lift the mask mandate at workplaces reflects the opinion/judgement of the general public.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

it was awkward the first few months in the southeast after being in the Pacific Northwest, going from a place where you're expected to wear a mask even if you're outside 100's of feet from another person, to a place where doctors barely wear them. I'm glad places are lifting restrictions, but I can't help but think it's because people want to be re-elected...
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

My last shop with a mask rule ended theirs last week. They were going off of local hospital/infection numbers.

If places ask for one, I wear one. That being said, shortly after my kids got vaccinated, I was pretty much over it. I feel I've done my part and at least in North America, everybody has had a chance. I have a few dumb friends and relatives that haven't had their shots, but I doubt there will be any convincing at this point and I, along with everyone else has shit to do.

26F3CBB8-DC1E-4B35-8588-C51A18C1C774.jpeg
26F3CBB8-DC1E-4B35-8588-C51A18C1C774.jpeg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

(Admittedly I'm still a little weirded out by crowded indoor spaces.)
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

How old are your children Don?
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

Emc209i wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:04 pm How old are your children Don?
8 and 6
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The mask mandates NEVER made any sense when actually looking at the risk profile of the disease. The risk for the vast majority of the population is so low that trying to force everyone to do anything was never going to be worth it. Protect the vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Vaccinating children makes even less sense. A child is at greater risk of dying in a car crash on the way to be tested for COVID than they are of dying of COVID. Children shrug off the illness like it's almost nothing and then they have natural immunity, which, despite some early studies otherwise, has consistently been superior to vaccinated immunity over time.

</soapbox>
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:35 am The mask mandates NEVER made any sense when actually looking at the risk profile of the disease. The risk for the vast majority of the population is so low that trying to force everyone to do anything was never going to be worth it. Protect the vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with our lives.
Here, covid was considered dangerous to people of all age groups, in the sense that if the hospital system became overloaded, a 20-year-old who got into a car accident might not get treatment.

I don't like paying taxes, so with our publicly-funded health system, I agree with the idea of a health system with little excess surge capacity. I don't want to pay for an idling system the rest of the time.

Our health system has approached near-overload with the peaks of different waves. "Non-urgent" treatments/surgeries were cancelled/postponed for weeks/months around the peaks.

Masking, vaccination, and limits on gatherings were to prevent health system overload and the side effects that could cause.

We could have explored options such as:
Let the system overload
Don't treat covid patients

Our government didn't really explore either of those two options, nor consult the population about which way we wanted to go.

A general problem is that people only want a zero-suffering solution, when all paths involve the suffering of some party. One side doesn't acknowledge medical consequences, while the other side doesn't acknowledge economic consequences.

Somebody always pays... here, it was the people in the bar/restaurant industry who paid the highest price for covid with repeated shutdowns. A lot of bars/restaurants closed their doors for good, including the dive bar 500 m away from my home. Now I have to walk 1.1 km to drink watered down beer.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

I don't typically discuss this kind of thing in a forum quite as open as this, but oh well, here we go.

there's quite a few interesting and conflicting arguments about covid, and the vaccines. I think what disturbs me the most though, is the phrase "trust the science" as the whole point of science is to question and be questioned, there is no trust in science, only data. Many groups shouting "trust the science" are demanding that people have faith the large corporations who's sole purpose in life is to rake in tons of money, have adequately tested and understand the long term affects of the vaccines they are administering. these same companies get sued all the time because drugs they produce, that they got approved through the FDA, have long term affects that were not adequately observed or disclosed.

I've probably received more vaccinations than 90% of the US population in my time in the Navy, I had no issue with it. announcements came out that a vaccine was available for covid, I was ready to wait my turn and get one, quite frankly, I don't want to be sick.

as I waited, the push for people to get the vaccine became so massive, and for lack of a better term, violent, that it made me second guess the sincerity of the message. threatening to remove people from any aspect of life without a "vaccine passport", and attempting to make OSHA get involved to mandate testing and vaccines nationwide, and prevent massive numbers of healthy people from working, and potentially losing everything they've built in their life seemed pretty extreme. This seemed especially extreme when, in my personal life I know a few dozen people who have been infected with covid, and not a single one needed to be hospitalized. All were fit to return to work with in a week or two, with no lasting symptoms or debilitation. Had the push to get the vaccine not been so aggressive, I probably would have gotten it by now, and I know many people who feel the same way.

documentation of covid deaths are also quite questionable, reports of:

People who were involved in dismembering accidents having their cause of death listed as "covid 19"
100+ year old people who have been on their deathbed for months "covid 19"
people who had heart attacks, brain aneurysms, strokes, ect "covid 19"

I acknowledge that the few dozen people I know who have had covid do not represent everyone who has, and in all fairness, the people I know who got it, were all in decent shape health wise prior to getting it(and after too). I also acknowledge that much of the data I have, is hardly certifiable, but if numbers are being fudged as has been suggested by numerous reports, is any other data certifiable either?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Here's a personal anecdote on the violence/coercion factor...

So my mom hosted a family gathering yesterday (Saturday).

Last week, my mom asked me to come to the gathering. I agreed, and Friday evening I drove two hours to my parents' place, to be there for the Saturday lunch gathering.

Saturday morning, my mom presents me with a covid rapid antigen test.

Uhhhh, no, I do not consent to anyone besides a medical professional to stick a swab up my nose. I refused to take the test, so I left and returned home before the gathering began.

I was angry that she didn't give me any warning of the required medical procedure prior to making the two-hour trip.

Of all people in the world, one's mother is supposed to be the person one can trust the most. It rattled me that this level of coercion could come from within the family.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

pmbrunelle wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:35 pm Here's a personal anecdote on the violence/coercion factor...

So my mom hosted a family gathering yesterday (Saturday).

Last week, my mom asked me to come to the gathering. I agreed, and Friday evening I drove two hours to my parents' place, to be there for the Saturday lunch gathering.

Saturday morning, my mom presents me with a covid rapid antigen test.

Uhhhh, no, I do not consent to anyone besides a medical professional to stick a swab up my nose. I refused to take the test, so I left and returned home before the gathering began.

I was angry that she didn't give me any warning of the required medical procedure prior to making the two-hour trip.

Of all people in the world, one's mother is supposed to be the person one can trust the most. It rattled me that this level of coercion could come from within the family.
yeah, that would have me fairly upset as well, I don't like getting blindsided like that, "hey, please take a covid test prior to arrival", cool, "hey I'm shoving this swab all the way up to poke the back of your brain" not cool.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

That would piss me off too.

I'm @$$uming that she's otherwise impervious to discussions of actual data and risk.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Eric, you're just verbalizing what any thinking man knows at this point. "Trust the science". We know scientifically that if you have fewer that 2 comorbidities, you are very unlikely to die from COVID. If you're a child, the chances of dying from COVID are astronomical. A doctor can kill you very quickly with a ventilator, sedation, and remdesivir. That should scare you more.

Any open discussion of the actual scientific data is suppressed to the point of censorship.

If you haven't already read "The Forth Turning" by Strauss, its a very good look into generational theory. History repeats. In the 30's, the Bolsheviks, having ravaged Russia, moved into Poland and started butchering ethnic German's as brutally as possible. Women and children with their eyes gauged out with screwdrivers and nails. Hitler fell for the bait and invaded Poland to save his people. The second world war ensued, thanks to Churchhill. The Jewish/NATO pawn state Ukraine is trying to lure Russia into the same snare. This guarantees we all die in a third world war while the chessmasters pull the strings.

The only difference now, enriched uranium, and someone with the brass nuts to push the button if needed. The internet might actually be the kingpin in changing the cycle of 80-100 year saeculum.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Who are the chessmasters if they're not the heads of state we see on TV, influenced by conflicts of interest and the usual lobbying?
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

There's a video of Klaus Schwab bragging about the number of governments which have been infiltrated by vetted members of the WEF. It's very hard to find this video, because it gets removed quickly each time it's uploaded. His favorite country is Canada, because Trudeau is a "junior boyscout" for the World Economic Form, along with half his cabinet. Watching Trudeau trip over himself to worship the WEF is embarrassing. The interests of your people come second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcGwbqp-m80

In the United States, Biden's just the puppet. To know who's in charge, go to the wiki page. Pay attention to the "early life" section for each official. If that doesn't pan out, find out who their spouse is, or who their children are married to... oh .. sure enough. None of these people were elected, they were appointed.

Micron - France. Merkel - Germany. Female prime ministers and heads of states in Scandinavia. Corporations with private interests. The WHO.

The WEF is Marxism in a shiny new wrapper, the enemy of western society and the free world. It's a cult that's penetrated world governance and corporations.

There was one silver lining to COVID, one thing I'm very thankful for - I can spot my enemy from across the room now.
Last edited by Emc209i on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
draven

Post by draven »

Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

McCullough's interview shed even more light in my opinion, he's much higher up in the food chain. Then what happened? Artists tried to damage Spotify for hosting these podcasts. Mob mentality.

This isn't about health and well being, it's about control. Protection of the narrative is more important than truth. But to whom - this is what's important.
draven

Post by draven »

Indeed... McCullough's interview is another required watch. Ryan Cole is another and Steve Kirsch and the senator led panel by Ron Johnson....

I just posted the Malone interview as an introduction to the underlying and censored truths and mass formation psychosis. Where one goes after watching the above is up to them......

I took a hands on biotechnology course in college during the late 90s as one of several industry electives to familiarize us code toads with software application to real world problems. We were using DNA ligase to sever DNA chains for finger printing in labs. Rejoining DNA at that time was a shotgun approach and 99.98% unsuccessful. mRNA via CRISPR was just an emerging technology considered the holy grail and the ethical considerations , at the time, were just as much a hot topic as the possibilities, as the human genome project was starting to wrap up. Even then early trials using crispr for mRNA were unsuccessful due to the body's rejection of foreign mRNA. Analogous to our body having an internal PGP encryption system.

Notwithstanding the fact that, in various levels depending on the vaccine batch, contain graphene hydroxide, mRNA that is reverse transcribing into our DNA, and boosters that are creating original antigenic sin.... they are utilizing segments of HIV DNA to bring down our immune system to allow the lipid nano particles "temporarily" through the double cell layers to "get" to our DNA with mRNA was enough for me to say Nay Nay.... Not this honkey.... Just a peep into the VEARS database was enough too...... I subsequently and ironically caught covid from my now ex wife from her XX chromosonal EMT "friend" (may you live in interesting times) .. Lol...

Life insurance cases are working their way through the courts now where they are refusing to pay out due to the vaccines considered "high risk behavior" due to being classified experimental under the emergency use authorization. Lots of case law already on the books in favor of the insurance companies......

Everything Emc209i stated about the WEF is spot on.... Figured I'd go a bit into the lower level science vs restating what he already had.

I'll shut up now.... Lol
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:35 am</soapbox>
ericjon262 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:46 pm I don't typically discuss this kind of thing in a forum quite as open as this, but oh well, here we go.
draven wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:06 pmI'll shut up now.... Lol
Stop this shit. The point of the lock down was to shut down discourse. You've all been hurt by what's happened. Your forefathers died in war to preserve your right to self determination and to speak your mind. Speak it.