Fiero on Jalopnic

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

eHoward
Banned

Fiero on Jalopnic

Post by eHoward »

And it’s not a bad Ferrari knock-off!

https://jalopnik.com/for-8-500-could-th ... 626413/amp

My favorite feature is the supercharger that comes on or off depending on if you want boost.
ericjon262

Re: Fiero on Jalopnic

Post by ericjon262 »

That car has been around for a while, it's cool, but I don't think I could do $8500 for it. I don't like stuff poking through decklids.

IIRC, the guy who built it was in engineering school, and he did the swap and the SC kit as one of his projects for school. He had a website up somewhere, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

It doesn't just "poke through" the decklid... the decklid can't be installed when the blower is in place.

And he knows it's 90 minutes to R&R... I was thinking he was in CA and swapped the blower for CARB reasons, but he's in Detroit so I dunno WTF.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:40 pm It doesn't just "poke through" the decklid... the decklid can't be installed when the blower is in place.

And he knows it's 90 minutes to R&R... I was thinking he was in CA and swapped the blower for CARB reasons, but he's in Detroit so I dunno WTF.
maybe the fact that the decklid doesn't fit with the blower is why he knows. when the weather is nice and he wants to go fast, he removes the lid and puts the blower on, and when it's not as good, he takes it off?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."