The nice car sighting thread!

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

pmbrunelle

The nice car sighting thread!

Post by pmbrunelle »

See something nice, and want to share?

Post it here.

Okay, so we work together, so this wasn't a total surprise. But I don't always take the car, and he often works from home.
RIMG0449.JPG
RIMG0449.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1574 times
My friend did a DIY paint job in his own garage.

Our cars stand out in the sea of shitboxes and crossover utility vehicles.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: The nice car sighting thread!

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Cool! A guy in the development across the street from me has a 4 door Skyline.

I can fill this thread up by going to the Cars & Coffee Katie's Coffee in Great Falls, VA... but I usually have something else to do on a Saturday morning.

There are wayyyyyyyyyy too many self-indulgent wieners with too much bloody money around here.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

this was at a local car show that happens once a month during the summer, I'd like to see it happen a bit more frequently, like weekly, but it's mostly old dudes who wipe their cars with diapers too... Potatoe pictures inbound...

*NOT* a kit car! I'm absolutely not wild about cars like this, but I can appreciate the fact that not only is it real, but the guy drives it fairly regularly. This wasn't the first time I saw it. on top of that, the guy is the original owner, super nice, and he works on it (note the wrench on the engine) while we were talking he stops dead "There's an oil leak!" and proceeds to pull wrenches out and fix it at the "show" Interestingly enough, he stopped at my POS Fiero and was looking at it/asking questions and seeming genuinely interested in it before I even looked at his car.

I didn't get to talk to the owner of this car, but it's super clean, with a manual trans! the chin spoiler is actual CF, and it's a Pontiac powered Pontiac! I was so stoked to not see a SBC or LS in it, I get it an LS makes more power, but sometimes it's just refreshing to see something outside of what has rapidly become "normal" to see.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Tokyo again.
IMG_7126.JPG
IMG_7126.JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 1450 times
IMG_7128.JPG
IMG_7128.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 1450 times
Two Skylines in one day!

These cars have a pretty nice sound stock. When the drivers needlessly rev their engine to go nowhere in traffic, I turn my head, and there is the Skyline. There's so much traffic, that my walking speed is often traffic-limited.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Nice is subjective, so, I'll add the car I saw yesterday to the list. I was oddly attracted to it, it has a kind of "don't fuck with me"/"Mad Max" vibe that I liked.

it's impossible for me to nail down an exact year, but I'm pretty sure it's a 68, My cousin says it's a 67. whatever it is, I like it.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

ok ok, i get it, it's not a nice car in the sense that it's something people ooh and awe at, but it was really surprising to see a GEO MF Storm that wasn't a broken down mess...

the car was really ... nice? at least, for what it is, it's nice, the interior was like new. you know, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a Geo Storm anywhere near this straight, and I was alive when they were new...
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Yes, that is quite attractive, and a contrast from modern-day bloat.

Was this in a junkyard?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

pmbrunelle wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:01 am Yes, that is quite attractive, and a contrast from modern-day bloat.

Was this in a junkyard?
it was at a junkyard, but it was in their whole car section, I hope it doesn't make it's was out in the rows and get parted, it was really nice, and unexpected.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

call me a sucker for a Firebird....

4 speed car, with 4 wheel drum brakes! it was super clean, I hope it still has a poncho 350 and not a SBC...

pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

A car from my era!
Sunfire.jpg
Sunfire.jpg (120.19 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Spotted today at the hardware store... I was not expecting it to be so clean.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

For a while, I had considered the earlier sunfire headlights for a pop-up delete, if I were feeling like completely re-sculpting my entire front end. that looks like a clean example!
jdv

Post by jdv »

A blast from the past.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240304-150524.png
Screenshot_20240304-150524.png (365.8 KiB) Viewed 150 times