Solidworks sub

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

Solidworks sub

Post by ericjon262 »

zok15 Posted this on old europe, and I thought I would share it to here.
Originally posted by zkhennings:

https://www.solidworks.com/...is%20totally%20free!

Something I learned about at a recent SolidWorks User Group meeting from the CEO himself. You get full access to SolidWorks professional for all non-commercial use projects. Very useful for designing parts to either make them yourselves or to send files to get plasma cut or CNC machined. Pretty sure you get access to the FEA add ins as well for load testing suspension component designs. In my experience, SolidWorks is far superior to any free CAD software, so figured I would make this known. I had never heard about it until going to the user group meeting and I use SolidWorks every day.

I have 0 affiliation with SolidWorks, I just like it.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
pmbrunelle

Re: Solidworks sub

Post by pmbrunelle »

Handing out cheap CAD licenses is like giving cigarettes to children to get them addicted.

I was shown Solidworks in school, and now... it's what I know and use regularly. But it don't cost the same anymore (not that I personally pay for it, my work does)...