40th anniversary Dyno results

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Emc209i

Re: 40th anniversary Dyno results

Post by Emc209i »

How'd you get ahold of the graph, posted on Facebook or something?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Trinton posted it on old europe
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

ericjon262 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:32 pm Pickardt posted on facebook claiming a peak of 9 PSI, and steady state of 8 psi, which sounds reasonable on a 5.3
That car is intercooled, so surely the intention is to eventually run more boost pressure than that.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

One would think that after all these years, all these Fiero show that Shaun would go and show them how it's done.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Shaun isn't welcome at those events. Remember the video of the old skinny guy trying to break the window on Shaun's mustang? Shaun has no obligation to attend a Fiero dyno day and put himself in harms way to make his point. He sacrificed his good standing in that community a long time ago to make said point. It's been made.

Sounds like the guy who owns Tina's old car reached out to talk trash, so Shaun wanted the dyno results. Nothing wrong with that.

We all know what Shaun's motor puts to the ground and it's more than that 383.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Emc209i wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:45 am Shaun isn't welcome at those events. Remember the video of the old skinny guy trying to break the window on Shaun's mustang? Shaun has no obligation to attend a Fiero dyno day and put himself in harms way to make his point. He sacrificed his good standing in that community a long time ago to make said point. It's been made.
I can't help but imagine that if someone was trying to break shaun's window, shaun was probably egging them on the whole time, and was probably the lead instigator in the exchange.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

ericjon262 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:16 pm
Emc209i wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:45 am Shaun isn't welcome at those events. Remember the video of the old skinny guy trying to break the window on Shaun's mustang? Shaun has no obligation to attend a Fiero dyno day and put himself in harms way to make his point. He sacrificed his good standing in that community a long time ago to make said point. It's been made.
I can't help but imagine that if someone was trying to break shaun's window, shaun was probably egging them on the whole time, and was probably the lead instigator in the exchange.
You'd be wrong.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Sounds like the guy who owns Tina's old car reached out to talk trash, so Shaun wanted the dyno results. Nothing wrong with that.

We all know what Shaun's motor puts to the ground and it's more than that 383.
I have never been told I am not welcome at any of these shows until the guy, Chris Walters with Tina's old car, messaged me AFTER figuring out I wasn't in attendance, and talking to V8Archie, to tell me I was unwelcomed. How tough right?

Nor do I feel like I am unwelcomed. And even if some organizer said I couldn't go, they can't stop me. They are all held in a public venue. I still go to the Daytona show every spring. It's la lame turnout by fiero owners.

I've been to so many fiero shows. They are lame. We all know it.
Notice how social media and even Old Europe, noone is talking about the track day on the 1.5 mile course during the 40th. Why do you think that is? Cause it was lame.
Why is no one on the normal area posting about the Dyno at the 40th? 30+ signed up, but nearly all backed out. Number 1 answer as to why was "I wasn't sure if my car had been judged yet". Number 2 was the weather. So as we can see, being judged for the show, was more important then strapping down. Lame.

Fiero owners insist that the car can be a performance car but when it comes time to show the world, getting a trophy for furthest traveled or highest miles is more important to them

Lame.

Going to the 40th was never on my agenda. Not because I feel unwelcomed, or because I'm am afraid. Shit, I welcome that stuff. Get it on video and post up how psychotic those people are. Fact is, it's 1200 miles away and I'd rather water my cat. It's more fun. Traveling 1200 miles to attend another lame fiero show is pointless to me.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Shaun had called out past misinformation posted on the internet by said individual, but the guy who attacked him went out of his way to start a fight with Shaun - which was not uncommon at the time. V8Archie's circle of followers would corner Shaun at events in an attempt to shame or scare him. This pack mentality would sometimes lead to the smaller guys lashing out in a display of strength to impress the others, as is what happened when the little old man attacked Shaun's Mustang.

IMO, Shaun has handled most of these encounters with great restraint, albiet he does stir great annomosity online. But he's been getting better about that. "Oooof" is pretty mild considering what we know of the past.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:36 pm I have never been told I am not welcome at any of these shows until the guy, Chris Walters with Tina's old car, messaged me AFTER figuring out I wasn't in attendance, and talking to V8Archie, to tell me I was unwelcomed. How tough right?
You posted this while I was typing up my post, so I didn't see it, but you just corroborated my point. V8Archie's circle thinks that it has some say in what is allowed. I know you're not a coward, I know you've stood up to those bullies for years, and I have respect for you for that. Your reason for wanting to know what Tina's car put down makes perfect sense.
Shaun41178(2) wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:36 pmLame.
I couldn't agree more. I had no desire to attend the 35th, the 40th was even worse. It's a horse and pony show for old folks. Nothing wrong with that, but I can get a better grade of that visiting any local car show within a 30 mile radius. Trinton paid for that dyno time and nobody showed up.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:36 pm Notice how social media and even Old Europe, noone is talking about the track day on the 1.5 mile course during the 40th. Why do you think that is? Cause it was lame.
There were maybe about 10 Fieros/owners that were more track-oriented.

The track had 5th-gen Toyota Supras as pace cars, which were apparently faster than the Fieros.

At one point (not in the parade group, but performance lap group), the pace car went fast and way ahead of the Fieros. The Fieros were able to go as fast as they wanted.

I spoke with one guy who was in this group, and he had a good time.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:21 pm I bet danyel was so proud his yellow convertible was sparked inside. Made his year I bet. Because that's what's important.
Yeah, he's quite proud.

I just saw this brag post on facebook:
Publication.png
Publication.png (643.53 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
Text translated to English (google did an okay job here):
Translation.png
Translation.png (48.14 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Danyel bought a car that someone else maintained for years. Danyel takes full credit for that. What a douche

Danyel V8 turdbucket wouldn't have won shit. Which is why he got rid of it.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

pmbrunelle wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:07 pm
Shaun41178(2) wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:36 pm Notice how social media and even Old Europe, noone is talking about the track day on the 1.5 mile course during the 40th. Why do you think that is? Cause it was lame.
There were maybe about 10 Fieros/owners that were more track-oriented.

The track had 5th-gen Toyota Supras as pace cars, which were apparently faster than the Fieros.

At one point (not in the parade group, but performance lap group), the pace car went fast and way ahead of the Fieros. The Fieros were able to go as fast as they wanted.

I spoke with one guy who was in this group, and he had a good time.
I heard the laps were speed limited and no passing allowed -- at all. What the hell is a pace car doing at a track day? Bizarre. That is not a track day.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Series8217 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:21 pm]

I heard the laps were speed limited and no passing allowed -- at all. What the hell is a pace car doing at a track day? Bizarre. That is not a track day.
It's a "track day" for fiero owners. Stop hating man. Parade laps are exciting for 60 year old fiero owners who, in the end, wives' won't let them buy a Corvette.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Do you know what insurance would cost for a competitive track day?
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

If Fiero people wanted to have fun, they would. They simply don't because they're there for the car show. Most tracks have you sign a waiver releasing all liability.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

funforme.jpg
funforme.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 5556 times

Some of you are vs the world all the time.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

I know, diggity would be proud!
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

If I wanted to track or drag a car or build a dyno queen, the Fiero would be down at the bottom of the list of choices.