Progress on the Cavalier Z24 buildup

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Progress on the Cavalier Z24 buildup

Post by Aaron »

As some of you know a good friend of mine has a 1997 Caviqueer Z24, 2.4l 5-speed. He had a turbo on it, blew a charge pipe, overspun the turbo, blew a seal, leaking 1.5 quarts of oil. Drove it around until he figured it out.... :scratch: Anyways we pulled the turbo off, and he drove it around N/A making a few bad noises. Then he raced a 2.2l Cavilier, LOST (He should've won), and his motor was making some awful noises.

He rebuilt the block, new crank, Eagle H-beam rods, Wiseco forged alum pistons (8.5:1), cooper head gasket, mildly P/P head, Quad 4 HO cams, Q4 HO intake manifold, UD pulley, and a few other things. Pretty stout block.

Last night we put on the Spec Stage III clutch and the aluminum flywheel. We'll be putting the piece of shit 5-speed tranny in tonight, and it should be ready to go into the car tonight or tomorrow. I'll have pics of course, and if someone convinces me, a video of it running. We have a $5 bet on whether or not it is faster than our Z34 5-speed after it is done. Stock it would lose by almost 3-4 tenths, but now he has the cams, intake, and head. But he also has lowered compression, a really old O2, and a shitty exhaust for now. I'll definately have a vid of the race.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.