Highest tuned engines in the world

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Highest tuned engines in the world

Post by Aaron »

Simply staggering the figures on these motors.

http://www.hondaracingf1.com/php/audiov ... deo&size=2

About this motor, I have a few questions. First, it appears in the video that the two front primaries do not glow, or glow nearly as much, as the other 3 exhaust primaries at the flange. Why is this?

And the Renault video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ult+Engine

Again, amazing. I love watching the fuel spray and just get instantly sucked in. It enthralls me how these injectors are being sprayed at the exact moment in time, yet so quickly that the Human eye can't see them open/close, they appear to be open all the time.

There is no doubt about it, these motors are tuned more than any other N/A engine in the world. Making an unGodly 270hp per liter, and that is with the restrictors. Simply miraculous. Someone find more videos...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yah you are right. I clicked it a few minutes ago though and it worked.

I'll try again...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

F1 engines do not, to my knowledge, run restrictors.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Thats Nascar that runs restrictors.

F1 just restricts engine size and number of cylinders to slow cars down... Also "slicks" are no longer allowed, always trying to slow the cars down as technology advances.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

crzyone wrote:Thats Nascar that runs restrictors.

F1 just restricts engine size and number of cylinders to slow cars down... Also "slicks" are no longer allowed, always trying to slow the cars down as technology advances.
require em to run street tires - that'll slow em down and cause huge strides in street tire development at the same time
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I read an article in which someone espoused an interesting viewpoint... eliminate the majority of downforce.

That would really slow the cars down
It would increase braking distances and concurrently overtaking opportunities dramatically
It would demand more skill of the drivers to make a non-downforce car with ridiculous horsepower fast.

Also, isn't the next set of F1 engine regulations looking at 2 litre V8's?
Instead of that, require that the engine last all season, with penalties for blwoing up an engine being taken in constructors championship points.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I read an article in which someone espoused an interesting viewpoint... eliminate the majority of downforce.

That would really slow the cars down
It would increase braking distances and concurrently overtaking opportunities dramatically
It would demand more skill of the drivers to make a non-downforce car with ridiculous horsepower fast.

Also, isn't the next set of F1 engine regulations looking at 2 litre V8's?
Instead of that, require that the engine last all season, with penalties for blwoing up an engine being taken in constructors championship points.
they did something like that in nascar.. added a spoiler strip to the roof to make the airpocket behind them larger and eliminate the downforce of the people drafting.. resulted in mroe passing but also a lot more crashing
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

The next generation F1 motors will be 3.0l still, but in 8 cylinder fashin.

I believe, not 100% sure, that they are restricted to dual 40mm inlets on the airbox. This might be only for the new gen V8s though, I'll check.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.