Engine question

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

whipped

Post by whipped »

Mach10 wrote: Start the car and have someone put it in gear and free-wheel for a few moments. You should be getting alternating high-and-low resistance values.
Support the A-arms or you might be buying new tripod CV joints.

Also, it doesn't alternate low/high resistance. It generates an AC voltage. Measure accordingly.
My fiero is aliiiive!!
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

I should qualify; I thought it'd be obvious that you wouldn't give it ANY kind of speed... While the struts are in place, I've never seen the tripods over-extend... Has this happend to you?

And as for the sensor, I thought it was a hall-effect sensor, (one pulse per rotation, 2000 per mile) since it has a 5v reference?

Possibly my memory is just false... Most likely my memory's false.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Mach10 wrote:And as for the sensor, I thought it was a hall-effect sensor, (one pulse per rotation, 2000 per mile) since it has a 5v reference?
4000 pulses per mile for a Fiero transmission
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

What'd I say about false memory?

No really... I forget. :scratch:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"