Hp Ratings?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

YFM754

Hp Ratings?

Post by YFM754 »

Hey just thinking about swaps and just wanted to know a few things...like HP, Trq, MPG, aftermarket?, and if anyone has done did you like it?
3.4OHV
3.4DOHC
Quad4
sorry if its a lot of questions....i just know about this much >< about that stuff.they would be bolted to a 5 speed izuzu...cept for the quad4
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: Hp Ratings?

Post by Aaron »

YFM754 wrote:Hey just thinking about swaps and just wanted to know a few things...like HP, Trq, MPG, aftermarket?, and if anyone has done did you like it?
3.4OHV
3.4DOHC
Quad4
Boat Anchor
sorry if its a lot of questions....i just know about this much >< about that stuff.they would be bolted to a 5 speed izuzu...cept for the quad4
The 3.4 DOHC ranged from 200hp/200tq to 215hp/220tq. Most installs will have 200/200 as they are automatic motors with OBDI. Mine theoretically would have 210/215 as I am using OBD1.5. But for this argument, and in a Fiero, figure about 220hp from the DOHC. MPG is in the mid 20s IIRC. The aftermarket is limited, but growing. You can also swap parts fromt he newer engines on, like the intake system. Just bolt ons, you can get headwork done, reground cams, lifter shims (Added lift), you can retime the stock cams (Big difference), 48g lifters, chip reprogramming, and the rest you'd have to build yourself. My Z34 had headers that I built, a CAI, 8.5mm plug wires, and a few other things. Oh yah, FFP makes a underdrive pulley.

Of the engines you listed, the 3.4 DOHC will give you the most power, and the most torque, even low end torque. The 3.4 DOHC will be stronger than the rest from 1500rpm to 7000rpm. It is also not a very hard swap.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

From what I understand, a good driver can crack 13's with stock 3.4 TDC/DOHC.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

from what ive seen the 3.4 ohv with the stock fiero intake will only give you about 135-150 at the wheels. to get more power you need either a carb or a higher flowing intake like the trueleo.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.