Playing with carbon fiber

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

eHoward
Banned

Playing with carbon fiber

Post by eHoward »

JM was recently asking me for carbon fiber tips.

Figure now is as good a time as any for a minor carbon fiber thread. . . Just a small note before I begin. This is not how I would make a part for a race car, but for a beginner looking to play with carbon fiber, its a good start.

If I were making a race carbon fiber seat, I would make molds for the top parts and lay up a flat sheet for the bottom of the seat. Then I would fill with core material(think fancy great stuff) and then bond the top to the bottom.

but anyway. ...

Step 1: Go to home depot and buy $5 toilet seat.

Step 2: Tape up carbon fiber how you want it.

Step 3: Present to camera

Hindsight being 20/20, if I had it to do over again, I would paint the seat black.

Step 4: Paint with resin
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Seeing the process you used to do the toilt seat , could the same be done to the engine cover??
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
V8Archie

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

If youre just going for looks.
THE PUNISHER wrote:Seeing the process you used to do the toilt seat , could the same be done to the engine cover??
MarkJPana

Post by MarkJPana »

how much flushing power did that add to ur toilet, any installed pictures? :thumbleft: :)
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Would butt-dyno numbers work for you, Mark?
MarkJPana

Post by MarkJPana »

hell yeah, i dont care what the calculation done in.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

So , Can I get Some CF Cloth From you Howard??? need to make my sunroof insert...Hook a brotha up , you must buy it by the Cubic Mile. Every place I see ont he net wants ass loads of money especialy if your dealing in small quantities

JM
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

You just want cloth or a whole carbon kit with epoxy, brushes and measuring cups?(you know about the quick start kits we re selling right?)

Cloth is $25/yd for quantities over 5 yards. $30/yd under that. It is off a 50 inch wide roll. 2X2 3k Twill is all I have currently.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

a buddy of mine did head light door covers for mr2's like this, looked kinda good.