definition of fun

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Kohburn
FierHo

definition of fun

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

It's weird, I normally like the sound of the flat opposed 4, but not this one. Too much 4 cylinder for me. That turbo was too loud, almost obnoxiously so.

I can't wait until my car is capable of doing that kinda stuff. That looks like a blast. New engine, suspension, brakes, body, and I'm ready to go!
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

I liked the part where he down shifted and spun out.

:bootyshake:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

p8ntman442 wrote:I liked the part where he down shifted and spun out.

:bootyshake:
Hey no making fun of me! :cussing:
Aaron wrote:It's weird, I normally like the sound of the flat opposed 4, but not this one. Too much 4 cylinder for me. That turbo was too loud, almost obnoxiously so.

I can't wait until my car is capable of doing that kinda stuff. That looks like a blast. New engine, suspension, brakes, body, and I'm ready to go!
Another "<elistism>" and "<benchracing>" post from aaron? How entirely unpredictable!
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Aaron wrote:It's weird, I normally like the sound of the flat opposed 4, but not this one. Too much 4 cylinder for me. That turbo was too loud, almost obnoxiously so.

Your car will never be capable of doing the things an STi can do... not with a TDC 3.4 , your brakes and suspension will never approach those levels.

Be happy I am even arguing with you , I could just delete your posts all together.

The motorsport section does not tollerate your Dumbass-a-rie.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
bryson

Post by bryson »

I think he was joking, guys. Hence saying he needed a new *insert every possible part of car here*. More posts are wasted making fun of Aaron than bad posts made by Aaron himself.
'87 BMW M6 / '88 BMW M5 / '90 Audi Coupe Quattro / '88 Fiero GT 2.3L Quad4 - 400whp; pump gas
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

bryson wrote:I think he was joking, guys. Hence saying he needed a new *insert every possible part of car here*. More posts are wasted making fun of Aaron than bad posts made by Aaron himself.
So we have one person smart enough to get it.
THE PUNISHER wrote: Your car will never be capable of doing the things an STi can do... not with a TDC 3.4 , your brakes and suspension will never approach those levels.
<benchracing>
Do not speak of which you have no knowledge in. Having driven an STi for an extended amount of time to and past its limits, it is not all that impressive. The tire sizes prevent the amazing brakes from performing amazingly. The suspension is not nearly as tight as you make it off to be, honestly I think my Fiero feels tighter and has less body roll. The handling is good, and it just keeps turning and turning without over or understeering, but the Fiero feels like it'd handle better if it had wider tires. As for the power, it is strong, but most of its advantage is in gearing. And at 3300lbs, the power to weight ratio of the STi isn't all that much better than that of a 220hp Fiero. And since the gearing with a Getrag 3.4 TDC is great stock, that advantge is neglected.

That being said, our client's STi would hand my Fiero its ass around a track, in a straight line, or to a red light. But, if the car is ever built to where I want it to be, an STi will be easy prey.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

</benchracing>
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I did mean to add that before my race, but I forgot. I'll add it :thumbleft:
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Aaron wrote:[Do not speak of which you have no knowledge in.
You should do the same thing. Hey Pun, where is it that you work again???
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I believe I know what an STi is capable of. I drove that car harder than any car I've ever driven before. I went from a standstill to 140, everyday, then proceeded to drive the car to its limits through the Ranch.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I could sit here and bench race with you skippy all day long , but it seems to be more pointless than ever. Anytime someone disagrees with you or talks about an off make car you have a ""client"" that has one and you have driven it and given your ultra intelligent insight. In this case I am the one sitting 7 feet away from 3 STi's and have been driving them for 3 years.

But enough of the pissing match. You know everything...just ask you.

But hey ..I'm comparing a Northstar Fiero with Koni's, Coilovers , 11.25" disc brakes , 5spd ..ect. That I have been autocrossing and tracking since before you were 10 years old and you have been driving a clapped out Lumina for the last 4 years and have dreams of an engine swap in your Fiero that you spend 2 days detailing and polishing.

I stand corrected Andretti..you are the MAN!
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

eHoward wrote:Image
lawl - pwnzord
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Aaron wrote:I believe I know what an STi is capable of. I drove that car harder than any car I've ever driven before. I went from a standstill to 140, everyday, then proceeded to drive the car to its limits through the Ranch.
In a "CLIENT'S" car? How stupid are you? If I were ever foolhardy enough to be a client of yours, I'd be "pushing my car to the limits" with you chained to the rear bumper if you pulled that shit with my car.
<Insert Sig Here>
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Fastback86 wrote:
Aaron wrote:I believe I know what an STi is capable of. I drove that car harder than any car I've ever driven before. I went from a standstill to 140, everyday, then proceeded to drive the car to its limits through the Ranch.
In a "CLIENT'S" car? How stupid are you? If I were ever foolhardy enough to be a client of yours, I'd be "pushing my car to the limits" with you chained to the rear bumper if you pulled that shit with my car.
Dood , he has been driving for 4 years.. High performance cars like a stock lumina with power robbing headers and a bone stock fiero on 60 series tires..I think he knows what he's doing

Sheesh
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

And of course he does it on closed courses with the permission, shit, probably paid sponsorship of his "clients". Because we know that aaron would never dream of committing a felony like felony wreckless driving for exceeding 100 mph or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Tell ya what, why doesn't someone call his "business partner" and ask him how cool it is that he threashes the "clients" cars?

A.J. Hockett, Double Take Detail
858-610-4571
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

where is the love?
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

stimpy wrote:And of course he does it on closed courses with the permission, shit, probably paid sponsorship of his "clients". Because we know that aaron would never dream of committing a felony like felony wreckless driving for exceeding 100 mph or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Tell ya what, why doesn't someone call his "business partner" and ask him how cool it is that he threashes the "clients" cars?

A.J. Hockett, Double Take Detail
858-610-4571
of course he would never exceed the speedlimit - that would be against is police mentality.. oh wait he is just being hypocritical, nevermind.